Author Topic: nuisance bear  (Read 3237 times)

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
nuisance bear
« on: October 14, 2007, 09:17:57 AM »
Those who are fans of the PGC will like this...Last Monday, sometime in the night, a bear visited my backyard  :( . Tore out pickets in my fence to get in and then commenced to wreck my grill.(one of those stainless tow behind the truck size grills). I had used it to grill steaks that evening as my son the Marine was home for a little archery hunting that day. When the bear departed he attemtped to cross the safety cover on my pool and got his claws stuck and in freeing himself ripped the cover and took out more pickets on the fence at a different location. If this was the same bear i chased during an earlier incident with my trash...it was a female with cubs. She is familiar in our neighborhood as she has been here for awhile. She is getting bolder and is human tolerant, some of the neighbors feed her from their decks and have birdfeeders up all year. I called PGC last tuesday am and got rocket scientist dispatcher who informed me that bear was obviously coming in for my grill....DUH!!!...I didn't know that :D I thought it was coming in to take a piss on my patio.. :lol:  :lol: anyway she was going to send the local wco around, no suprise i haven't seen him yet  :x Well i just wanted to document this officially for insurance purposes, i would guess i have a $1000+ damage and to inform him of what was going on around here. I live right next to Susquenita HS and their cross country track runs right behind my backyard through the woods...I personally think a bear which is unafraid of people and has cubs could create a dangerous situation if some kid was to run upon them and suprise them back in the woods...Apparently i am the only one... :(

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
nuisance bear
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 10:23:34 AM »
You know it's all your fault for having that grille.....

Seriously though, that sucks.  I have one that spreads my garbage around on the deck once in a while, but never does any real damage.  Your right, if the neighbors keep feeding it, someone could get hurt.  Good luck with the PGC.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
nuisance bear
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 11:16:44 AM »
rock salt it a time or 2 and put the fear of God back into that beast...   :twisted:
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Varmitzapper

nuisance bear
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 12:20:39 PM »
In bear country you need to hoist the grill 20 ft up a tree when your finished with it LOL
Good Luck with PGC.

You know if you haven't signed your buck tag before you rolled it over to gut it, they'd be right up your a**. Sorry had to vent.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
bear
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 06:05:00 AM »
It's back!!  :evil:  Don't know what it was after this time. :?:  Took out one whole section of fence and pickets in another section...Nothing else disturbed..Must have just stopped by to say hello. 8)  Looking to book hunts for the 2008 bear season, reasonably priced, meals included... :D

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
nuisance bear
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 06:12:33 PM »
get some rock salt, load up a couple of shot shells with the rock salt and pepper that rascal... it won't hurt him permanently but it'll put the fear of god and man back in him...

if you have some old bird loads you can open them up dump the shot, put the salt in there and crimp'em back shut...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
update
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 10:22:02 AM »
My wife took over....lol :D  :D  She called pgc everyday for a week until wco called her back.... :D  :D even though he told her and i told her putting out a trap right now would probably not work because it has gotten cold again...she was insistent... :D so on tuesday i guess i will looking at a culvert trap in my backyard, till spring... :lol: