Author Topic: Hunting Store Idea  (Read 2181 times)

Offline SilentTree

Hunting Store Idea
« on: March 14, 2016, 11:53:47 AM »
Wanted to hear you input on hunting store idea I had. The store would focus specifically on selling hunting gear, but no guns, and providing customers with employees that are some of the best outdoorsmen in the industry. Equipment including medium to higher end clothing (browning, carhart, sitka), tree stands, scents, etc., turkey gear and duck gear. The goal being for people to be able to go to a smaller store but know that they will be getting the best advice and reasonable to higher end gear. What do you think?

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Hunting Store Idea
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »
Sounds like Gander Mountain!!   
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 02:56:56 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( Not Gander, with the "best advice and reasonable high end gear"....The best advice is a wild card, for any store to boast about... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 04:59:00 PM »
I wasn't trying to sound sarcastic.  But every time I go into Gander Mountain or any of the name brand chain stores (except Walmart) I get directed to one of their "experts" to help me.  As far as pricing goes, I don't buy much at the sporting good chain stores coz I can usually find the same brand cheaper elsewhere or on the Internet .

The advice part is good,  but everyone has their own opinions.  Even on the boards here,  when a question is posted, you could get numerous answers based on the various opinions of what works for who is answering the questions.

Finally,  are there enough consumers to support middle to high end merchandise.  Most people I know shop more based on price (cheaper the better) an not so much name brand.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 05:04:43 PM by Misterjake23 »
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!