Author Topic: Stop by, call first  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Stop by, call first
« on: October 12, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »
Fur prices are down, and now is a good time to hone your fur put up skills/methods.
Maybe I can help or we can learn from one another...
Once again this season, if you are looking for help to do up your own fur, and want to tweak your methods or looking to see/watch someone else's style, stop by and I will help. Over the years, I have received many TOP LOT awards on Pa. furbearers. But am still learning.
Members are welcome to my fur shed for fur put up instructions (no charge).

PM me and we can set a date. Fur season is busy around here, catch me if you can...lol

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Stop by, call first
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 01:35:50 PM »
Hern,

That's a very generous offer to put out there!!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 12:10:33 AM »
if you're in need of some help putting up fur, Hern has the set up and the room to show you how to do it properly...

I need to stop up on one of my trips to see how it looks since you've finished it... it was not quite finished when we were up for the crow hunt... boy that's been a while hasn't it... my how time flies when you're having fun...   8)
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 06:01:59 AM »
Rockfish, shed is a mess...Looks like a dump...used and abused

I think the last time you were here is when I hosted a Crow hunt. Crows died that morning in a flyway.
By 9ish Crows were off roost and flyway was empty.
We then went to a calling spot to see if I could call up a Coyote for you folks. I think it was 10:30am-11:00am on a snow pack, cold morning.  I did call up a prime Grey Fox that Tom Monko killed.
Fully prime and a beauty. We returned to my home & unfinished fur shed where I gave a skun'n demo on Tom's Grey. Tom said he was going to have Grey tanned.
By that time, Lorraine a hot lunch for us.

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 06:15:21 AM »
Jake, I think I make this offer, to stop by for fur help or shoot the breeze, each season since I've been a member.
No one has taken me up on offer. That's ok, But I like company once in a while.
It's a busy time for all of us and I understand members live far from me. That's why, this year, I gave option of sending me hides...lol.
I know family, jobs, Deer hunting, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years & travel cuts down on folks time.
My door is always open to PPHA members.

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 07:52:48 AM »
 ;D ;D Hern as soon as my "BUD" the Goose returns we will be up  ;D ;D ;D ;D .............We are looking to learn how to skun Porkie-pines  ::) ::) for fun and profit  :P :P without getting stuck to much  :o :o :o...............and we can be that company you like once and a while..........8)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:02:06 PM »
Rockfish, shed is a mess...Looks like a dump...used and abused

I think the last time you were here is when I hosted a Crow hunt. Crows died that morning in a flyway.
By 9ish Crows were off roost and flyway was empty.
We then went to a calling spot to see if I could call up a Coyote for you folks. I think it was 10:30am-11:00am on a snow pack, cold morning.  I did call up a prime Grey Fox that Tom Monko killed.
Fully prime and a beauty. We returned to my home & unfinished fur shed where I gave a skun'n demo on Tom's Grey. Tom said he was going to have Grey tanned.
By that time, Lorraine a hot lunch for us.

yup remember it well... that grey was coming into where I was sitting with Cherie, till my legs started cramping and moved a bit to relieve the hurt, saw it scoot over towards where Tom was sitting and he ultimately made good on the shot...

I've forgotten what we had for lunch but it sure was good...  might it have been potato soup and sammiches?... 

I just spent 45 minutes looking for the pictures I took that day, couldn't find them and have no floppy disc drive anymore to load them again...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 07:17:19 AM »
 :( :( :( Saw plenty of porkers along the road on the way home...a friend of mine even has one on a trail cam we could target  ??? ??? ??? ???
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2015, 12:05:41 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Hey Culligan Man... ??? ??? ??? Oh, that's not the call you wanted  :P :P :P :P :P :P
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 12:06:08 PM by Pa Goosehntr »
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member