Author Topic: It just doesn't make sense The Feral Cat Neuter and then release program  (Read 3513 times)

uncle buck

My township...looks like more and more they listen to the anti hunters when it comes to the feral cat program...If you catch a feral cat you can get a coupon to get it Neutered..OK I can go for that.. Now the next thing is that they release it again right where you live.. Negative thing is the old thing:  OH THE POOR THING SYNDROME!!!  You have people in the housing development that just can't help themselves and they start to feed these feral cats outside.. They won't adopt them and take then in and make them a house cat.. What happens is the other wild critters come in and start to eat that cat food and then the skunks and coon start to tear up your lawns for grubs...There will be a time when this release by local governments back into the environment and the feeding of the POOR THING neighbor will start a RABIES epidemic that will be telecast on all kinds of News Stations across the  67 counties of Pa...
So what do you do? I don't like the lawn being ripped to sheeeeeeeeet so I have been treating the lawn after the fact with grub killer...Now think about the ripple effect... All the grub killer will be washed into the water supply etc etc... All because someone spoke up for the feral cats and the local township supervisors just can't tell them NO.  You can imagine how many song birds that get killed... Even non song birds that eat insects that now have a open door policy on your gardens and you skin...  Some wisdom here:  BEWARE OF PEOPLE THAT LOVE ANIMALS MORE THAN HUMAM BEINGS!   The law here in my township also stipulates that:  If you feed these feral cats they are yours.  They have been known to fine people for feeding them...So you have the feral cat  lovers really breaking the law.  The cats defecate in your gardens, sleep and urinate all over you porch and lawn furniture.. The ripple effect is something else on this release program thing.. Won't be long until some toddler is bitten by a rabid feral cat.  Will the township take full responsibility for the release of the animals then?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 01:14:29 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: It just doesn't make sense The Feral Cat Neuter and then release program
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 06:15:11 AM »
It's a screwed up world and the mind set of the way people think keeps getting worse !
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:07:31 AM »
UB it's time for you to put on your tights and become the Pied Piper and lead them to water  :-X :-X :-X
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 11:39:21 AM »
we're over run with these bleeding heart's down here... got this cat rescue that will pick up stray/ferals and neuter them and turn them out on the base, at one of the ranges... the base will prosecute them if they catch them, but there are to many places for them to dump... they do make for good coyote bait though... what a waste of time, money and resources, put that much time and effort into veteran's affairs and the world would be a better place for all...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...