Author Topic: A song with some wisdom I think we need a song?  (Read 3226 times)

uncle buck

A song with some wisdom I think we need a song?
« on: September 18, 2015, 11:03:44 PM »

uncle buck

Re: A song with some wisdom I think we need a song?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 09:02:44 PM »
Matthew 18:11-13
The Parable of the Lost Sheep
…11"For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost. 12"What do you think? If any man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go and search for the one that is straying? 13"If it turns out that he finds it, truly I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine which have not gone astray.…
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:15:11 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 09:13:13 PM »
The year was 2008.. I had planned for the entire year to travel to my home town of Wilkes Barre, Pa to stay at my old homestead and lay cable restraints for one week...As with life a medical emergency happened and a loved one had to have out patient surgery but needed someone to take care of them...Happened right when I was planning to get away to achieve of my Goal to at least catch one PA Coyote in a Cable Restraint...Of course it wasn't going to happen... I decided that I would stay home and take care of the loved one...  I did say to myself?  "SELF!" You could still lay some cable locally and check them prior to the loved one getting up in the morning... So I took about 24 cable restraints and set them with the intentions of catching 24 fox...I choose a property I have permission on that is about  1 1/2 miles from my house... Wow I did catch red fox too..I remember the day before checking the cables that some crows were going nuts in a stand of trees that I had a cable restraint near by... That usually means you got something in a trap... I visited that restraint on my check but there was nothing in the cable.  :(  However there was something in that area that was making all those crows go nuts that day... I just figured? Will that's just how crows are and forgot about it... The next day I check my restraints at about 7:30 AM and low and behold there was a  32 pound Female Eastern Coyote in the restraint... I can tell she wasn't the Alpha female since you wouldn't look me in the eyes and just sat there... I dispatched her and was so excited.. Remember I was going to go all the way up to NEPA.. Stay a week just to catch a Eastern Coyote...Here I got one not more then 1 1/2 miles from my house...  What I'm getting at:  Sometimes the good Lord takes care of you and rewards you when you believe in him....Just some wisdom for your souls...

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:53:39 PM »
UB, what year did we take the CR course?...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 12:07:35 AM »
Our certification says:  Issued: 19 Oct 2005. We might have done the actual course that Sep 2005.

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 10:18:47 AM »
I'm thinking you are correct on the Sept, on a Saturday wasn't it and they mailed it out later... took that and never hung the first wire...  oh well I'm certified if I ever decide to do any...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

uncle buck

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 09:43:52 PM »
Yep it was a Saturday in Sep... Make sure you don't lose the certification card.. Know someone that did and it cost them $20.00 for a replacement.