Author Topic: Making my 2nd batch of Chanterelle Spiced Vodka  (Read 4044 times)

uncle buck

Making my 2nd batch of Chanterelle Spiced Vodka
« on: August 02, 2015, 11:37:03 PM »
I already made one bottle of spiced vodka.. I like the Texas Vodka for this because it's smooth...I took some Golden Chanterelles and some Trumpet Chanterelles and married it up with a Tablespoon of Caraway Seed, One lemon cut up with the rind on it, and one hot pepper.  Tried some of the dried hot peppers and they worked just as good as the fresh one... Just make sure you use a plastic disposable knife when you cut the fresh hot pepper up.. Don't touch your eyes.. HA HA!!  Try that Vodka that is made in Austin, Texas... Tito's Vodka..  Mary all of this stuff up in a nice size Mason jar.  Anotate the date on the top of the lid and use cheese cloth to drain the liquid back into the original 1/5 bottle ...  3 weeks later..You actually can do this if you even have about 4  Golden Chanterelles... I do like the Trumpet mushrooms.. Now not the black trumpets or the Horn of Plenty... The regular Trumpet mushrooms..
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:37:17 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

Re: Making my 2nd batch of Chanterelle Spiced Vodka
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 11:41:22 PM »

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 01:45:02 PM »
Should you venture here to make this stuff... Please make sure you use that TEXAS vodka... The Smirnoffs (sp) just is not as smooth.....

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 08:08:47 AM »
Hey UB.  I want to make this.  How about you give me some Chantrelles to try it out?
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 08:50:14 AM »
 :( :( :( After you take away all his hunting properties you want him to "give" you something??  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? I can only imagine what UB will give you!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ LOL-LOL-LOL  :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
 :) :) Your right Goose   ;D ;D No wonder UB won't invite him to do anything  ::) He's to pushy  :P Always "LookN2BtheBig"I""M".  :P :P He's hoping to learn how to be a big mushroom hunter  ::) without poisoning himself  :( :( "Mushrooms" are sneaky but they can't out run him  :o :o..............lol............ 8)

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 12:19:48 PM »
I have no problem finding Chantrelles, just jagging UB a little.  Plus it gives you old coots something to post about. ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!