Author Topic: You just never know who you'll run into....  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
You just never know who you'll run into....
« on: July 09, 2015, 08:23:25 AM »
     The other day I was introduced to a farmer who has some problems with ground hogs destroying his beans.  I was glad to help him out with that problem.

The following evening I loaded the gun and headed out.  Much to my surprise,  when I arrived,  someone else was already there sitting in the field.  Because I'm a friendly fella, I walked over to him to introduce myself.  As I got closer,  I seemed to recognize the face but was clueless on the name.

I introduced myself and we began some small talk.  The conversation quickly turned to Predator Hunting.  We were both hardcore, diehard predator hunters.  The conversation went to what lights we use.  He told me he had the BEST light on the market.  He tried every light on the market, and he finally found what was in his opinion the BEST light ever made.

I thought to myself,  "This guy ain't seen the BEST light ....because I use the Carnivore, and I have yet to see a light even come close".   So I asked him what the name of this , incredible light was .   Much to my surprise, he said it's called The Carnivore Shoot light !!  Obviously,  I was shocked when he WAS using the BEST shoot light on the market !!

Now my curiosity was peaked even higher as to who this stranger really was !!  I asked him how he found out about this Carnivore shoot light.  Again,  much to my surprise,  he said he belonged to the PPHA, and one of the sponsors of the club, Ernie Wilson, sells them.

I was really awe struck at this point.  I looked at him and said, " I'm  Vice President of the PPHA - Misterjake23 from the forums"..... He looked at me with a big smile and introduced himself again......   It was a pleasure to finally meet you BedfordQDMA !!!!

We didn't shoot too many hogs,  but we had a great time talking predator hunting!!!     You just never know who you'll run into out there !!!!

Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: You just never know who you'll run into....
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 09:21:43 AM »
What the heck is he doing out of Bedford sniffing around my farms?  Lol.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline BedfordQDM

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 10:30:26 PM »
Hey Jake,
It was a fun evening and it was great to meet you.
We'll have to get together again.
PPHA District 4 - York Co./Bedford Co.

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »
That right there is what its all about...
PPHA President