Author Topic: House bill 366  (Read 4149 times)

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
House bill 366
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:14:13 PM »
I got an e-mail today about PA house bill 366 went to the members of the game and fisheries committee for vote.  This bill will allow center fire  semi automatic weapons for hunting, limited to 5 round magazine and one in the chamber.  Also semi auto .22 rifles without an ammunition capacity limit.  It does not state what can be hunted or where.  I understand that will be up to the PGC to decide.  This bill is also backed by the N.R.A.
Anyone got any thots or opinions on this bill?

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: House bill 366
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:19:47 AM »
JMO It is a bad idea!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 08:00:39 AM »
I don't like it.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Outdoors_man

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 08:06:13 AM »
no way

Offline nepahunter17

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:20:07 AM »
Don't see a need for semi's
Due to price increase in ammo,,,,,,,,,,,,,there will be no warning shots

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 11:32:07 AM »
Many know I like to use Encores so my answer is: Yes lets allow it!
This law is on the books since the early 1900's.
I saw them being used in Texas and many states like Virginia and New York state use them.
right now there are Federal politicans that even want to take your ammo away.  Approving AR's in Pa makes it more difficult for them to take your guns away. States do have rights!
More and more we all are departing Pa to hunt other states. Why not take and have your AR to accomadate  you.

Other fine things will be approved for Pa predator hunters if semi adopted like we can use any shotgun pellet we desire like 00 Buckshot!  This onetime I feel I need to think of others instead of myself for the good of predator hunting future.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:35:29 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
and why do ya'll think there shouldn't be auto loaders allowed in PA?... there are a lot more states that allow then then there are that don't... there has been NO proof that there are anymore accidents with auto loaders then anything else, and I sure don't want to hear any of this crap about spray and pray... a good person on a pump can be almost as fast as an auto... I hate seeing where they are not allowing more then 5 rds in the magazines... are they going to restrict the capacity of your grand daddies 94 Winchester too?... PA come out of the stone age... me and my 24" barreled AR10T will own a bean patch...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...