Author Topic: Why do my coyotes act different then yours?  (Read 3284 times)

uncle buck

Why do my coyotes act different then yours?
« on: March 21, 2015, 01:04:13 AM »
Population of the coyotes plays an important part in how they act..  Figure if there is a lot of coyotes they have to compete with other coyotes so they are more prone to taking a chance for food.. The Eastern Coyotes is not quite up in numbers as coyotes in the other parts of the country.. I talked to a person in Cali and he told me that the coyotes out there know when it's garbage day.. They actually follow the garbage trucks.. it's not quite like that here yet.. When it does get like that I'm going to use a garbage can lid for a call.. you just drop it and make a cling and a clang and they come in running... Eastern coyotes will kill every  the red fox in the area that they currently hunting in.. Hence they do this to make sure there is abundant food for them..

Do you think it's easier to call in coyotes in certain areas of Pa more so than other areas of the state?  Is the coyotes in the deep woods counties easier to call then the coyotes in the other  67 counties that have a higher human populations per square miles?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:13:29 AM by uncle buck »

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Why do my coyotes act different then yours?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 02:41:45 PM »
     I think the ease of calling coyotes has many variables...amount of pressure, population of the coyotes in the area, food supply etc.  I don't think its "county specific" per say when it comes to calling.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline QUATTRO

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Why do my coyotes act different then yours?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 05:56:49 PM »
I think each particular area is different..down to the smallest parcel of land..so many variables..calling pressure and interaction with humans plays a part too in my opinion..
PPHA President