Author Topic: good day putting up fur...  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
good day putting up fur...
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:27:26 PM »
Got a phone call the other day to come over Thursday and help put up fur...
Today, I spend most of the day with 4 local Snyder County guys that got back from trapping in Mississippi. We put up some Beaver and Coon today. They skun everything the day they were caught and just bring back the hides to put up.
They did up their Bobcats and Otters on Tuesday. So today was a dozen Beaver and a dozen Coon. Two more days (next week) and they will have everything put up.
I really enjoy these times with fellows of like interest. Nelson, Justin, Wade and Longy are the salt of the earth. George Krebs, and a few others guys showed up to shoot the breeze. I did manage to help out but had to wait my turn...lol.
There were 9 guys there and I was the only one that had a computer. On the way home, I was thinking about that. I know several folks in the trapping and calling community that don't own a computer and put up impressive numbers and kills each season.
The guys I spent the day, are attach to the earth, land and water. They have gardens, pick mushrooms & berries to eat, dig roots to sell, fish & hunt to eat, trap and call animals for hides and glands which turns into money, they cut up their own game and Deer and butcher Cattle and Pigs and so on. They are aware what's around them and use those resources. It's what they do.
With all the help today we could have put up more fur, but you never know who will show up. We did have some good talking and good laughs. Heard some good stories about Deer hunting and some missing shots.
Work is pretty easy with guys like that.

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: good day putting up fur...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »
 ;) ;) ;) Sounds like a day from the past, and a good day for sure  :) :) :) :)
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: good day putting up fur...
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 09:07:49 AM »
 8)