Author Topic: Fox Count So Far...  (Read 2300 times)

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Fox Count So Far...
« on: January 05, 2015, 07:40:35 AM »
Just wondering how everyone else is doing and what kind of year it is overall. I hunt solo, killed 5 grays, wounded a red and called in a dozen so far with no shots.
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

Offline Cskypup

• Junior Forum Member
  • Self-professed predator junkie full time Sheepdog!
Re: Fox Count So Far...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 10:34:38 AM »
I haven't gotten out as much this year as last but on New Years morning I took two nice reds. Called in a quad on one set which was exciting as all get out. I don't keep track till end of the season usually when I tally up.
Savage 340 in .222 Rem
Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x
XLR 250 kill light
Chinese  knockoff lights that are the best ever
Mrod in .25cal my secret weapon out in other states anywat

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
Darin and I usually hunt together and take turns calling and shooting.  We're up to about 21 reds and a coyote.  It has been slow lately.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:54:14 PM »
many of us don't like to say what we call nor if we miss either... So many negatives things can happen.. You could end up in a editoral  in the paper and such...I could care less when they do that to me in the paper.. however I don't like to be judged by people when I miss a few now and then and that happens. People that don't even know what it's like to hunt at night time and shoot predators..

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 09:36:49 AM »
I got ya uncle buck! I don't have a problem admitting my flaws. Hunting predators at night makes deer hunting look easy! I'm 55 and got into this seriously 3 years ago. I got lots to learn but ill probably be dead before I figure it out completely if that's possible. I have a lot of fun doing this. Some nights I walk out smiling with fur in hand. A lot of nights empty handed talking to myself. I ask that question I guess just to see how bad im doing. lol
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6