Author Topic: Carnivore Lights  (Read 18665 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: Carnivore Lights
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 10:04:09 PM »
Brushwolf
Every now and then I have to let a few hard learned facts out.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 10:12:29 PM »
I always like hearing facts!

Offline Carl

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 11:52:14 PM »
I like hearing facts too! I'm considering ordering a carnivore light. My question is, does it have/come with a remote switch?

Guys that are using this light, are you also scanning with a headlamp and just using the carnivore to shoot with? It sounds like this light is quite a bit brighter then my kill light or my wicked light. Last season I bought a night eyes headlamp and although I like the light, I did better the season prior when I used my gun light only to scan every few moments and then shoot when presented with the opportunity.

Back closer on topic I don't use a halo shield on my gun light, but there is one on my headlamp. I thought I was going to be a cool cat and put white snow tape on my gun and barrel. I found out real quick that it reflected like crazy from my scope mounted light.

Offline Hburg Hunter

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 07:49:21 AM »
hay buck i looked at the link the lights look good, do they offer a pkg deal do you know? i didnt see any on the site.
District 11 Northeran Berks
if you want to hunt shoot me a msg.

Coon-          0
Yote-           0
Fox-             0
Thorny Pig-  0
Grinner-       0
Skunk-        1
Rat-            0
Hog-           26   
Crow-         136

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 11:03:42 PM »
Used my new carnivore scan light tonight for the first time and it's an awesome light!

uncle buck

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2014, 11:47:39 PM »
the other night I gave  the new Carnivore Head and Carnivore shooting light a try out... The wind was in my face.  I was shooting a 17 Hornet Encore sitting in a tripod shooting rest... Carnivore light on my head and the Carnivore shooting light on a Nikon 4 X 12 BDC scope.. Both lights were turned on when I started calling with a bulb squeaker...At the 5 minute mark I saw eyes just on the horizon.... The predator stopped and staired into the direction of my calling... I decided to go to a Peewee Crit-R-Call and do the dying rabbit...The predator eyes disappeared but all of a sudden I could see the predator trying to make an arc down wind of my position...At the far right which was about  250 yards away I saw with the Carnivore head light that it was a gray fox.. The fox was trying to get behind me to smell me since the wind was in my face... I set up however that when it came in a farm obstacle was in it' path and he no longer could circle down wind of me... He  came in fast from my right side...I stepped behind the Carnivore shooting light that was on my scope and shut off my Carnivore head light... I kept calling because he was liking how fast and the gournd he was covering... At the 75 yard mark and right in front of my... I looked down the scope tube found his red eyes from the Carnivore light on top of the scope and made the shot... Remember now I saw that it was a gray  fox at the  250 yard mark... I can't wait until I call in some coyotes with these two Carnivore lights....I have called in many a coyote in Pa to date... My problem is that you have to make sure they are not a deer... This time frame where you trying to get your lights to ID the animal as targeted or nontargeted give the paranoid coyote time to decide something just ain't right down there where all the calling is coming from...   Like  how I could ID  that the fox was a gray fox at  250 yards... I will be doing that now on coyotes ASAP. and Bang... Keep up the good work Ernest Wilson... I can't wait until archery season is over so I can hit the predators big time... By the way  the prices on the two lights were outstanding too!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:50:15 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 01:07:57 PM »
Unclebuck
I am happy you like this light. With your experance in hunting at night. Do you think you would ever have to purchase another light to make your night hunting better? I am thinking any stronger output with the material currently available there might not be any real benefit for the aditional cost it would take to make something better.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »
Unclebuck
I am happy you like this light. With your experance in hunting at night. Do you think you would ever have to purchase a more powerful light to make your night hunting better? I am thinking any stronger output with the material currently available there might not be any real benefit for the aditional cost it would take to make something better.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

uncle buck

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2014, 09:42:16 PM »
I  also noticed that that both lights batteries lasted a lot longer then my other shooting lights...Previously I purchased your tripod light holder that attached inside the side of the tripod arm..  I had to use a red led on the scope and one of the  250 Killlights on the side of the tripod.. I don't have to do that now with your new Carnivore shooting lights...I also like what a nice price you have on the head light.  Low price but a quality light for seeing eyes and hiding behind it without a hood on the light...The blinking light function also comes in handy if you want to let your shooters know it's time to move on to a new calling spot... They see the blinking lights on the Carnivore Head and know it's time to pick up and go back to the vehicle.. However what ever you do... Never activate that blinking light when your driving behind a vehicle... they will think your the police and pull over... you could get fined for that big time too!!!  LOL  I think of all kind of things you can do with those lights.. But make sure I don't activate that blinking light in the vehicle in error..

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2014, 09:49:49 PM »
Unclebuck
The one question I ask you and am concerned with is do you think I should look at makeing a more powerful gun light. I feel there is no need. What is you input

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

uncle buck

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2014, 05:45:42 AM »
No your Caranvore lights both the magnum gun light and the new Carnivore head light are perfect for the predator hunter that wants a quality light! Why pay the big bucks for other brands! I'm looking forward to using it now and into the future too!

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2014, 09:47:09 AM »
Buckwheat,

Why have a brighter light when most people aren't shooting further than your light already shines.  Sorta like using a deer rifle tp shoot squirrels....Bigger isn't always better.

JMO
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2014, 11:56:19 AM »
Misterjake23
That was my question. There has to be a point were more light output for hunting at night can never be utilized. Right now these Carnivore light are the most powerful red light ever sold. I mean think about it you can now see over 500 yards and clearly see an animials full body at 325 yards and even see down to there feet with the Carnivore Magnum 2 on a dirt field with a good scope.
And for the guys that are after light shy critters you can dim all the Carnivore lights down to the out put of a match!
So my point is should I biuld something better. Do not forget to make better would most likely cost more.  Well let me hear what other PPHA members think.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:04:33 PM by Buckwheat »

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

uncle buck

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2014, 02:47:13 PM »
The lights are tools.. They are not only for shooting... they are to hide behind too.. Hence why I have learned that I like more red LED... Coyotes also flank you from the side.. if you have an inadequate light to hide behind they are going to bust you... Your calling and all of a sudden there they are looking at you from the side... They like to use this tactic!!! I keep my shooting light on and my scanning light on while I call.. I shut the scanning light off when  I look down the scope tube to shoot... The dual effect of both lights hide you from the predators..The shooting light takes over as your stealth factor once the scanning light is shut off... you shut your head light off so it does not shoot glare down your scope tube...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 02:51:00 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2014, 07:31:01 PM »
Buckwheat, my opinion is, why go further? I don't feel it's necessary.
Seeing full body at 325 yards is plenty.
I'm using the Carnivore 5 and that fits my needs for Grey Fox and Coon. Never took yardage with the C5, but it really lights 'em up before they get into gun range.