Author Topic: Labor day bassin  (Read 3550 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Labor day bassin
« on: August 31, 2014, 10:24:59 PM »
When this weekend started i didn't intend on it being a full weekend of bass fishing. Fri i had to test the outboard so i went to the susky. I threw the rods in just in case. After a half hour of making laps i pulled up on some shallow ledges. Started pitchin a tube. Landed sum fish and then hooked into a tank. A few head shakes and drag pulling it was all over. My sickle hook was pulled straight.

Yesterday we did some house work and brush hoggin in the morning. In the afternoon we went to the local creek. I was pitchin a beaver bait for the first time and i like it. For shallows targeting wood it was nice. Caught a few bass then we worked our way into a deeper section. Around 4-5ft. I was working wood piles with a. Jig and just drug it over a log. Let it hit bottom and gave it a shake and thump. He inhaled it. 18" bass. Figured him around 4 and cpr'd him.

Today dad and i went to a local resivior which is extremely clear.  Didn't catch anything all day and we tried one spot before calling it a night. Its an old beaver hut built on a steep bank but is gnarly looking. I pitched a 3/8oz jig up shallow and worked it down through the tangle and the last drop i seen it fall and was about to reel in and i seen it come out and inhale it. After landing it we cpr'd him as well. He was 22" and went 5lb on my scale. He was thin in the belly and this fall he might go 7lbs.

Tommarrow im prob gonna hit the creek again. Happy labor day everyone. And thanks for lookin
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Huntin 4 yotes

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Labor day bassin
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 11:14:18 PM »
Some nice size bass there! Congrats! I'm headed out tomorrow to smallmouth fish on the ohio river. 

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 11:29:31 PM »
Looks like a great weekend all around!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 05:39:35 AM »
 ;D Great job Ben!!!!!  ;D That blown stress test  :P added two stents to the program  >:( >:( >:( but the good news is, I can get back out there  ;D ;D ;D might go today if I can find some muscle to help me with the boat... ::) ::)..................... 8)

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 08:06:15 PM »
 ??? ??? ??? Well jaspr1, do we get a feeshin report?? :-\ :-\ or did you paddle over to Kapona??  :P :P :P :P
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 09:19:45 AM »
 :( :( :( No report  :( :( :( Wife had me planting posie's in the backyard.. :o.neighbor came over and told her the hole needed to be bigger.. ::)...she said no worries ashes don't take much space..said watch for smoke from fire pit...damn... >:(....going to sell my gear and move to Hampton's  ???.............. 8)

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 03:06:51 PM »
You're living the good life !!  Nice job Ben
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Pa Goosehntr

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 08:26:39 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Jaspr1, sounds like you will get planted and come up a blooming id10t  ??? ??? ??? :o :o :o :o
I Speak Fowl Language!!
SRWA Life Member
NRA Endowment Member
NAHC Life member
PPHA Member
PTA Member

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 08:29:36 PM »
That first bass had a split tail as well. Which made me think of that red eye the other week. First time i seen that. And he would move each flipper independantly as well. Maybe thats why he fought so hard?
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”