Author Topic: ICOtec Electronic caller  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Tikka

ICOtec Electronic caller
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:51:43 AM »
Anyone ever heard of ICOtec? I didn't have a lot of money to replace my old caller so I bought an ICOtec "Call of the Wild". The remote is supposed to have a 300 yard range and it has a basic set of calls. I haven't had a chance to use it yet and was wondering if anyone had one and how it worked for them.

Tikka

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: ICOtec Electronic caller
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:23:31 AM »
I have one and my son is pleased with it... ;)...I also have a Foxpro and a Power Dogg.....of the three...it comes in 2nd and that's only because it doesn't have sound capability of Foxpro...to date mine has been very reliable, so much so, it has left and lives at my son's house... ::)...never tried 300yds with remote but it works every time in the ranges I used....my son says it kicks the crap out of fox, no coyotes yet....you could do worse for this much money...JMO... 8)

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 09:54:07 AM »
I have that same one and it functions well, I've had it out to 100 yards and it works, however your antennas must have line of site of each other. 

Try and place the reciever (speaker) in a location where you can at least see it.  The red led power light is substantial, don't know if critters can detect the light itself but I just put electrical tape over it just to be sure.  I've had two instances where predators practically leaped on it.  One was a grey fox and the other was an owl.

The transmitter (remote) is a bit touchy, the buttons can be bumped easily and inadvertently make the receiver start making calls.  I've thought about getting the thin strips of door seal and affix it around the keypad of the transmitter so that what ever may bump the buttons actually is stopped by the seal.  I created a lanyard made out of paracord so that I can hang it from my neck.  The only other thing is memorize the call button locations, the writing is definitely hard to see.

Overall it is a good call, it does have a limited number of calls but they are the most prevalent used for predator hunting, the two call simultaneous feature is pretty good too.  This call combined with hand calls will make for an interesting hunt.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline Tikka

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 05:28:04 AM »
Thanks guys for the input. Nice to have a place to get "been there...done that" input.

Tikka