Author Topic: Need Some Advice...  (Read 2443 times)

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Need Some Advice...
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:05:27 PM »
I started hunting some brushy areas (mostly greenbriars) along fields, pipelines and tram roads. I have been setting my foxpro in the out in the open close to me hoping the fox will come out in the open for a closer look but lately they have been staying 20 yards in the brush and never presenting a shot. I've killed several fox this way early in the season but this doesn't seem to be working any longer. What would you guys do with the set up. (i always call with the wind in my favor or a cross wind) should the call be in the field and ME in the briars? It's driving me nuts!
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Need Some Advice...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
For late season is always tough. If you see eyes an there not coming in try another sound to peak there instrist that sound don't work try another.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:26:29 PM »
You're not the only one experienceing this.  The last couple I've called in have done the same thing.  I  am patient and pick my shot thru the openings.

I've also tried switching up sounds......sometimes this works and often times it doesn't (For me)
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Predator100x

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:16:26 PM »
When foxes/ coyotes in my area get call shy,I switch things up,I may use as many as 2/3 callers place in different positions,I may have 1 out in front an maybe 1 off to the side or behind me,if fox or coyote hangs up.Also I usually have a bulb sqeeeker on the forearm of gun,Then ifin that all fails its time to break out the lures an scents.Another thing I will add,If your area has a lot of pressure and you know that the guys calling are using e- callers,switch to hand calls,If you don't have any there are some really good call makers on this site,Dave Dunbar,(Yotebuster) made me a few calls to try a few years back,I done really well with them.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:49:57 PM by Predator100x »
Skin that one pilgrim and I'll fetch ya another!

Offline HDRoadking3058

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:44:22 AM »
Thanks for the input guys... i appreciate it. As for the areas I hunt... from what I have seen lurking around in the woods at night - i'm lucky zero calling pressure.
Tim
Westmoreland County
District 6