Author Topic: 2013-14 record breaking season..  (Read 2729 times)

Offline Carl

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
2013-14 record breaking season..
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:08:39 AM »
I'm having a record breaking season here...that is a record number of empty stands! It's getting rediculous! I've got to be on a 25-30 stand streak of bad luck!

Anyone else experiencing anything similar?  Not sure what's going on. Many of the stands I've made have been between 8-12pm. Most were under semi-good conditions of both moon and weather.

Hoping to get out and make another 6 or so stands tonight then hang it up while all the city folk track up the woods for deer season.

Good luck and be safe out there!

-Carl

uncle buck

Re: 2013-14 record breaking season..
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 12:43:39 PM »
Don't be so hard on yourself! If  most of the no show occurred this past week it was probably because of the full moon period!  Hunt the new moon period and you will call in critters! Remember during the regular firearm deer season you can hunt predators at night. Just be careful where you do hunt because other people are ignorant that you can legally hunt predators during this period.  Some self righteous think they are busting a poacher and all hour going is being a legal predator hunter!

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »
"Some self righteous think they are busting a poacher and are bothering people who are  hunting legal!"
IMO full moon impacts even deer hunting. Nice to see the full moon is over for the up coming deer season.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:44:47 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:16:43 PM »
This might mean numbers are low in the area you're hunting at. Numbers go up and down over the years in different areas. Just check out some new areas in a different direction from where you been hunting.Things can change quickly. With the fur market being high priced it is hard to find Un molested critters this year.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Carl

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 09:30:27 AM »
I've hunted new areas, old unproductive areas as well as areas that have a great track record. Nothing. I just need to find the groove again!

Went out and made 3 new stands last night and got skunked again. Heard coyotes at 2 out of 3 spots and saw some smoking hot bear tracks. Lots of grey fox tracks around too. Going to hang it up during deer season I think. I shot a buck in archery so I'm taking my wife out.

I've never done any good during deer season before but once that moon goes 100% dark it's going to be hard to not go out I think.

You guys hunt much during deer season?

Offline JimmyLenz

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 12:58:41 PM »
I've had the same luck  >:(.  So far I've gone out 5 times .  Normally 5 or so sets each .   Had many deer come in to investigate .   Had a miss or too due to gun issues early on .  But last night was crazy .  Nothing !  It was a silent night .  No movement .  No eyes to be seen .  And we covered more lands then normal .  Just got frozen toes and fingers .