Author Topic: 2013 North Central Hunt  (Read 16498 times)

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: 2013 North Central Hunt
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 05:27:09 PM »
Luncheon is set for 1pm to 3pm on the Saturday of the hunt. It will be at the Sportsman's Hotel right on rt. 120 about 40 feet east of Renovo

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 05:57:47 PM »
Luncheon is set for 1pm to 3pm on the Saturday of the hunt. It will be at the Sportsman's Hotel right on rt. 120 about 40 feet east of Renovo

Man, wish it were after check-in.  Won't be able to make the luncheon but hope to have something for the check-in.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 07:12:09 PM »
Just so there is no confusion Scott

Quote from: zekedogg

[b
There will be a luncheon in Renovo on Saturday 11/02/2013 and a physical check-in in the Renovo area on 11/03/2013. We have yet to determine where these will be but information will be forth coming for this.

Although the hunt starts on Friday, if you are participating in the hunt you must be able to attend both the luncheon and the physical check-in.[/b]

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 06:44:36 AM »
Bees thank you for setting this up!
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 04:11:54 PM »
Also check in will be where it used to be for the event. Jesse Hall Park Rest Area, which is about 3 to 4 miles south of Renovo on Rt. 144 South. As for a time for check in..... I believe it was at 12 or 1 somebody help me out on that lol

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 06:53:51 PM »
I seen the hunt ends at 7am on sunday can anyone help me with a check in time?

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 07:09:43 PM »
I Think It Was Normally At 12

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 07:28:42 PM »
Just so there is no confusion Scott

Quote from: zekedogg

[b
There will be a luncheon in Renovo on Saturday 11/02/2013 and a physical check-in in the Renovo area on 11/03/2013. We have yet to determine where these will be but information will be forth coming for this.

Although the hunt starts on Friday, if you are participating in the hunt you must be able to attend both the luncheon and the physical check-in.[/b]

So wait, I thought this was a North Central hunt? Anything above I-81, no East and West limits, for the taking.  But you are going to make hunters drive up to 3 hrs (in my case, if some are coming from the States eastern and western limits it may be up to 6 hrs each day) each day to get in on the hunt?  I guess I'm not understanding this.  Is this North Central for D3 or all of the state?  If this is the case I guess I'll opt out, I pay enough for gas going to school each day.
Scott Morgan
District 3

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
It actually says i80. And the spirit of this hunt traditionally was to actually hunt around the north central part of the state. May be why he has it that you need to show to the luncheon as well idk.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »
Can this rule be changed?
And just have the check in manditory to score?
In the past, only the guys that harvested animals showed at check in

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 09:40:29 PM »
Arent They The Same Rules That We Had Before In The past

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »
Man, you can't get any more North Central than I.  I live in the middle of Potter County right on the border of NY, it is still a 1.5 hr drive to Renovo from where I live.  That is 3 hrs a day.

I'm just throwing out a thought.  Being at the luncheon shouldn't be a requirement to participate in the hunt.  I've paid my dues.  That should be the only requirement. 

Now, if you had the luncheon and the check in on the same day, around the same time, it would definitely be worth the trip, even if I shot naught.  Especially for those guys/gals not living near to Renovo.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the effort you all are putting into the hunt, but I think some things can be moved around to make it more enjoyable.

Scott
Scott Morgan
District 3

Joshua Boston

Offline Bees OBrien

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »
I know in the past they actually awarded points to those that attended the luncheon and I don't believe the luncheon was mandatory then.....maybe that can be changed to rather not making the luncheon mandatory but making it worth the trip with the points awarded and the chance to meet others also door prizes as well.....can this be changed?

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 11:16:29 PM »
Bees is right. The luncheon was never mandatory. Eventually, once or maybe twice , points were offered for attending the luncheon.
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 11:55:38 PM »
     Perhaps  Rick (Zekedogg) can claarify this....but I believe the purpose of the check in and luncheon is to make an effort to bring the hunters together more socially.  It creates a chance for the members to actually get to meet each other and put names to faces.

No matter where the check in / luncheon is located, there will always be some who have to travel more so than others.

I'm not trying to take either side here, I'm just simply trying to expose the other side of things.  I live in York County.  I will be out of town for the dates of the hunt.  However, If I were available, I would have been willing to make the drive in order to get to actually meet some of the other members and perhaps to even to get to hunt with the other members.  We have a lot of new members just getting into the predator hunting, and are looking for guidance on how its done.  This would be a great opportunity for less experienced hunters to team up with more seasoned hunters to gain a little first hand knowledge of predator hunting tactics.

Just my opinion....
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!