Author Topic: Lights  (Read 13139 times)

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Lights
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 09:59:12 AM »
Can you post a link to the one you purchased? 

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 01:26:26 PM »
Can you post a link to the one you purchased?

Please don't post the link, It will get removed. We only allow links for our paid sponsors. And we have hunting light retailers who are paid sponsors who I'm sure wouldn't appreciate it much.

Are there links posted that get through, absolutely the moderates can't catch everything.

Thanks for your understanding...Rick
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 07:40:22 AM »
NP Rick....would nt do that...Russ
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member

Offline shadowchaser

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2014, 06:57:10 PM »
I just purchased a W13 headlamp(red led) from Boondock Outdoors.  I'm actually curious if you could get those cree lights and switch out the white led with a red led.  I'm not very tech savvy so I preferred to play it safe.
U.S. Army 99-06
Combat Infantryman
District 1

Offline pghsteve

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 06:12:12 PM »
Anyone know what up with EW?  After reading all these "I love EW lights" posts, I tried to buy one, and they've been out of stock every day. 
I filled out a contact form on the EW site and asked if he could give me any insight, and he never got back to me.
So.... I've been looking for other lights, and I see a ton of great reviews for other lights out there.  I read an 8 page argument on predatormasters forum where they went back and forth on about 20 different lights that one person or another insisted was "the best".  No one even mentioned EW Carnivore Magnum.  Can anyone give me any insight why it's the only light people on this site seem to use, and I can't find it mentioned on any other sites.  I'm in Pittsburgh, and would love to support a PA company.... but I can't find one available to order and I've become curious why other predator sites don't seem to bring them into the conversation.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!!
Steve

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2014, 06:43:39 AM »
Steve
I thought I replied to your email but I did not. Sorry!
I only purchase so many lights each year because it is a fast changing business.  Every year I find better made lights so I do not want to be holding outdated lights. You will have to wait and see if I find something I like this year.

This is just one of the reasons you do not see post about other product's.

http://www.huntingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2875761#Post2875761

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 06:48:34 AM by Buckwheat »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2014, 07:07:41 AM »
EW says-
This is just one of the reasons you do not see post about other product's.
I was one of the guys that posted Buckwheat's site on huntingpa and received a stern warning from the same moderator.
Just seemed odd to me  on that site, folks mention, recommend, and post web sites for products like Remington, Muck Boots, Mercury Outboards, Archery Gear, Trapping Supplies, Guide Services, DIY Projects, Gun Shops, Fishing Gear but the Predator page is ruled with an iron hand.

Offline TrappinJohn

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2014, 08:14:31 AM »
I read an 8 page argument on predatormasters forum where they went back and forth on about 20 different lights that one person or another insisted was "the best".  No one even mentioned EW Carnivore Magnum.  Can anyone give me any insight why it's the only light people on this site seem to use, and I can't find it mentioned on any other sites

Doesn't sound like anything to do with links.  Nobody is bragging on them.... Maybe because few are using them.
I recommended one of these to a friend this past season and of course they were out of stock.  I wanted to pick one up this spring, out of stock

You will have to wait and see if I find something I like this year.

This is why you will most likely never see them compete with the other 19 lights mentioned in that post.  People can't recommend something they don't have.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2014, 02:23:20 PM »
I have 2 and would highly recommend (and do) the Magnum light.
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!