Author Topic: Lights  (Read 13124 times)

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Lights
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 10:19:04 PM »
See that someone does like me. Leglifter's always telling me differently.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 10:21:41 PM »
See that someone does like me. Leglifter's always telling me differently.

Irregardless that light is worth every penny of what it costs.
Rick Comport

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, 07:48:42 AM »
Just ordered one.

I had to sign into the "Customers We Don't Like " section....... LOL

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, 08:24:26 PM »
You won't be sorry the light is awesome
Rick Comport

uncle buck

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 08:40:27 PM »
I was just on EWILSON web site.... Notice all the optional attachments one can get...Light holders and attachments that centers the light beam in the middle of your reticules.  Shooting rest attachments that you can place your light on the shooting rest... Quick release mounts for the attachments... Makes sense if you want to take the light off ASAP from rest and use it as a hand held light.   Just neat stuff all the options that are available...

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 07:38:13 AM »
A+ Customer Service from EW Calls !!!!

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2013, 10:42:19 PM »
Hey Shovelhead....we're all waiting on your opinion of this new light. (LOL)   Did the forum reviews of the magnum light give you a good accurate opinion??  Let us know what you think of it!!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
Set up the Carnivore Mag tonight. It's raining here so that's probably hampering performance a little but. There's an 11 acre field behind my house (my testing ground) I spent about an hour swapping it back and forth checking it out.

The Good (Carnivore Magnum)
The Bad (weather)
& The Ugly (me)

By no means am I an expert at anything, just a guy with a new light. ;D  So, here it is at a glance...... it's larger than what I'm used to, it feels really solid. The lens is larger so, I think it appears bigger than it really is. Even though it's larger there wasn't any problem fitting it on the 42mm scope on my 22mag. I normally have to use a small riser on my 22-250 (50mm scope), the Carnivore Mag was no different.

I got a quick how-to from Ernie yesterday so I was able to hit the ground running, operating the Carnivore Magnum is simple.

It's bright, I mean killer bright (no pun intended). Noticeably brighter than what I was using but, standing off hand I didn't notice any difference in size or weight. A win-win.

With the bolts removed I was able to go out back and watch a pair of does. Normally I have a little trouble if I get over 5x. With the wider beam on the Magnum I was able to turn up to 9x on both scopes and still had plenty of shooting light. I had no problem clearly identifying the does at around 140 yards, clear as day.

Running it on high for about an hour doesn't seem to be a problem with two of EW Calls 18650 batteries.

For whatever my opinion is worth......I think it's a darn nice light and well worth the price. I can't wait to get it out next weekend.

22MAG

22-250
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 08:22:58 PM by Shovelheadave »

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2013, 08:21:32 PM »
Looking good bud. Good luck breaking in the new light, they are pretty sweet lights!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2013, 11:19:16 PM »
Thanks for the detailed feed back.  I'm sure many other members will be reading your opinion when looking for a new light.  Its great to share info like this to benefit everyone.
Jake
York, PA

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2013, 11:31:01 PM »
Update.....It was almost like shooting her during the day. I'm giving the Carnivore Magnum the thumbs up. Thanks for the recommendation.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 11:37:03 PM by Shovelheadave »

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2013, 04:41:04 PM »
     Thats one of the great benefits of this club.....There's usually always good advice offerd!!  I have NEVER heard a negitive thing about that light.  I own one myself and love it!!!
Jake
York, PA

Offline BedfordQDM

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »
I just received a headlamp from EW Calls today...  Holy smokes, that thing is bright!
Just compared it to my Coyote TLR and the headlamp is as bright as the TLR is! Really like the lower setting as well.

Leaving for Bedford Co. tomorrow to chase the coyotes around for a full week. Looking forward to using the headlamp.
PPHA District 4 - York Co./Bedford Co.

Offline Shovelheadave

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2013, 09:25:40 AM »
Put some more fur on the Carnivore Mag last night. Called in a double but, missed the second. Couldn't get him stopped.....missed two running shots....them I was empty.

After I was out of ammo the second one stopped about 125 yards away, I could see him clear as day standing there looking at me. This light REALLY works well.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 09:28:47 AM by Shovelheadave »

Offline Predator53

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 09:32:52 AM »
I bought a Unique Fire cree for a backup to my Noxx's....it was half the price and it's stronger...you can't focus it and it only has one power and its red...but i was impressed and no battery issue..Rusty
Wicked scanpro Lights ICOTEC Gc500
 Montgromery county,Pa 5C&5D
 District 2 PPHA/NRA Member