Author Topic: Coyote Control Incentive Program House Bill No. 1534 session 2013  (Read 10980 times)

uncle buck

My brother Tom told me about a PROPOSED house bill to pay people $25.00 for each coyote they harvest in Pa if they have a Hunting license and furtakers license...they will set up a pot of money each year:  $700,000.00 (to a special account)  to pay hunters and furtakers if you harvest a coyote..  PPHA members might want to support this?...I could make predator hunting take off in Pa.  Also why not get another $25.00 for harvesting a coyote..  That's just the way it is..Thank you Tom Monko for telling me about this..

House Bill No. 1534 Session  2013
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 02:03:56 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
Re: Coyote Control Incentive Program House Bill No. 1534 session 2013
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:31:50 PM »
Sounds great if it passes.
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 11:17:19 PM »
I wonder why they are requireing a furtakes license since you don't need one to harvest coyote's in PA???
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 08:30:33 AM »
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 01:34:43 PM »
I wonder why they are requireing a furtakes license since you don't need one to harvest coyote's in PA???

It should be hunting and/or furtakers license
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF PENNSYLVANIA

HOUSE BILL
No.   1534   Session of

INTRODUCED BY PEIFER, CALTAGIRONE, CAUSER, COHEN, DENLINGER, EMRICK, EVERETT, FARINA, FLECK, FLYNN, GINGRICH, C. HARRIS, HEFFLEY, HESS, JAMES, KORTZ, MILLARD, MOUL, READSHAW, SWANGER AND TOOHIL, JUNE 17, 2013

REFERRED TO COMMITEE ON GAME AND FISHERIES, JUNE 17, 2013

AN ACT

Amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, providing for a coyote control incentive program.
The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows:
Section 1.  Chapter 5 of Title 34 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is amended by adding a subchapter to read:
SUBCHAPTER F
COYOTE CONTROL INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Sec.
571.  Establishment.
572.  Account.
573.  Regulations.
§ 571.  Establishment.
The commission may create a coyote control incentive program to compensate properly licensed hunters and furtakers $25 for each coyote lawfully harvested.
§ 572.  Account.
(a)  Creation.--A special account is created within the Game Fund to fund payments under section 571 (relating to establishment) and a use under subsection (d).
(b)  Transfer.--The amount of $700,000 shall be annually transferred from the Game Fund to the special account for, except as provided under subsection (d), the coyote control incentive program.
(c)  Limit.--The total annual expenditures from the coyote control incentive program may not exceed the annual amount designated for the coyote control incentive program.
(d)  Remaining funds.--Funds remaining in the special account at the end of a fiscal year may be used for a purpose other than making a payment under section 571.
§ 573.  Regulations.
The commission shall promulgate rules and regulations necessary for the implementation of this subchapter.
Section 2.  This act shall take effect in 60 days.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Bowman66

• Global Moderator
  • PPHA Forum GURU
  • Work the bolt and give'em a jolt!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »
I better learn how to close the deal on some yotes fast now!
Darin Hosier
Bee's O'Brien Game Call's
Pro Staff

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »
Note section D of the funding
Just another way for the GA to grab money from the PGC
If you want to hunt coyotes then do it because you love it
Not because you might get $25 for one
THIS IS SPARTA!!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 08:23:37 PM »
Lifes2fun
Ya, that section D is bull shi##. All the study's ever done have shown bountys have never worked. Somebody just figured out a way to get money for some unknown reason we do not know about!
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 04:52:14 AM »
     With a bountyof $25 for each coyote and putting in $700,000, according to my math, that means to exhaust the fund, there would have to be 28,000 coyotes killed!!

Maybe I'm nieve and ignorant to PA's coyote population,  but do they think there are actually 28,000 coyotes in PA????
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline jaspr1

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 05:37:11 AM »
JMO...I hope this dies a quick death.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 08:31:00 AM »
Not only is there way more than 28,000 coyotes but Pennsylvanians harvest around 40,000 a year!  And it is still growing.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 09:08:38 AM »
I agree with jaspr. It will be like mosquito creek weekend year round if it gets passed. Money makes people do things they shouldnt.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 09:52:44 AM »
I also agree.  Bounty's do not work.  Maybe I am selfish but I have enough predator hunters around me.  I don't want an increase of hunters just looking for a buck.  As previously stated, "hunt them because you love too".

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 10:41:20 AM »
JMO...I hope this dies a quick death.

I agree! This looks like a money grab for our legislators. Think about it. if there are 2000 yotes turned in at $25 a piece that $50,000.00 where's the other $650,000.00 going? What exactly does "Funds remaining in the special account at the end of a fiscal year may be used for a purpose other than making a payment under section 571" mean? Will that money go back to the game fund?
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association