Author Topic: Dealing with the pests  (Read 3078 times)

Offline Aries

Dealing with the pests
« on: May 12, 2013, 01:13:52 PM »
I'm still having to deal with the pests in the off season. Had to relocate this guy this morning.

Offline Aries

Re: Dealing with the pests
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 03:33:32 AM »
I have received a couple pm’s and it seems that a few forum members have expressed concerned about posting pics of possible illegal trapping. So here’s the scoop on this pest. This varmint was apprehended in Lower Slower Delaware, I believe the rules there are much different then here PA.
  • You can only shoot or trap a varmint or predator out of season if it's causing damage to your property or live stock. You are the land owner or have the property under lease with permission from the owner to do so.
  • If you chose to shoot the varmint then you have to apply to DNRC for what’s call a red tag.
  • If you choose to trap and release then you must be the land owner or have the property under lease with permission from the owner to release.
So after hearing this pest making a home in my crawl space it was time to move him out. You see I keep informed on all requirements which I comply with when it comes to dealing with wildlife in season and out.

Offline swarter2

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 08:43:35 PM »
Plus whose to say you don't have an exterminators license
David P Swarter
286 Parkview Drive
Souderton, Pa 18964
Cell (215)285-1820
e-mail - swarter32@verizon.net
District 2
Bees Obrien Game Calls Field Staff

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 09:19:19 PM »
Who would trap possum any time of the year?  During trapping season they are an incidental (pest) catch.  Now they are only trapped because they are doing damage.  Those who PM'ed you probably belong to PETA, HSUS or another of those Communist WACKO groups.  Tell them to swing on it.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 09:32:01 AM »
Who would trap possum any time of the year?  During trapping season they are an incidental (pest) catch.  Now they are only trapped because they are doing damage.  Those who PM'ed you probably belong to PETA, HSUS or another of those Communist WACKO groups.  Tell them to swing on it.  Dick

+2