Author Topic: Southcentral outdoors for youth field day june 1st  (Read 3171 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Southcentral outdoors for youth field day june 1st
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:08:15 PM »
This years event will be held at east berlin fish and game. I took a year off last year because of some schedule conflicts. This event typically draws 200-300 kids from the surrounding counties and the will participate in many outdoor activities such as fishing muzzleloading and trap. I will once again be presenting predator/varmint hunting to the youth. I have been attending this event since 2003 and always its a blast. In the past i typically did it myself but help is always appreciated. If you are willing to help out presenting or if you are interested in taking a youth to this event then please contact me and i will get ya the contact info. Thanks.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Southcentral outdoors for youth field day june 1st
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 06:08:35 PM »
Nice!!

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »
Ben, I think it's great how you do this every year. Now that's what giving back is all about.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 04:10:43 PM »
It was a hot and long day but still we had 159 kids sign up with 15 stations presented. Anything from the fish and boat commision, pgc to poisonous snakes to fishing , and anything in between. All had fun.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 05:15:35 PM »
Ben
Did you have any help? Mike came down and helped me. I do not think I could have done it my self. It is hard to talk and stand for 8 hours by my self.
Bless you Ben for doing your event. If our event was not the same day I would have helped you.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
I did it by myself again. But it was enjoyable to give back. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »
Thanks Ben.  Glad it turned out well.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!