Author Topic: New and a thank you  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Posty40

New and a thank you
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:37:50 AM »
As a new member I just wanted to say Hello and Thank You. I have been visiting your board for some 6 months or so and finally joined. The information has been very helpful. As a fairly new caller (3 years), and newbie trapper (1 year) everyone's insight has been great. A shout out to Hern for his trapping posts, and to Enrie W for helping me get a couple Carnivore 5s. I actually trapped 4 reds this year and am now hooked. I still struggle with the night hunting end of it, having called in 44 reds and 2 yotes in the last couple years WITHOUT a KILL. Still wouldn't trade it for the world and look forward to next October for fox.

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: New and a thank you
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 12:13:37 PM »
Posty so glad to see you here and thanks for joining. There are some great guys here with a wealth of information. There's not a time I'm on these boards without learning something. Good luck and keep plugging away... Rick
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:55:10 PM »
     Sounds like you had the same problem i did....Unitl I invested in one of Ernie's Tri pod shooting rests!!  Check em out .....    EWcalls.com !!!!
Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Posty40

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 10:12:18 AM »
  Certainly that would help. I think the fact this sport is a learning curve in so many ways makes it the challenge it is. Getting the calls, lights, ballistics, wind, set-ups right as well as keeping my hunting partner quiet (lol) is the real fun. Once you think you have them figured out one small mistake blows the stand. But much like a holdem poker tournament, a couple of good hands or in this case a couple good set ups and I am back in the game.
    Living outside Harrisburg and hunting Cumberland, Dauphin and northern York counties there is certainly calling pressure on fox and yotes. I have been amazed at how I can trap 4 fox in an area that I have a hard time calling even one in. I will say this though, growing up in Maine (and still having a camp there) you boys have a "pile of game" here. More deer and other critters than I have ever seen!