Author Topic: When does everyone start to fox hunt like what time of the evening or night?  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Mustangman_99

This is my first year of predator hunting and so far since the season has started I have shot 6 fox and only missed two and they were 4 reds and 3 greys and I also got a yote and few coon.  My question is I have shot 2 reds out of my tree stand and they were both after 4pm and I wasn't calling either time.  I called them in after i spotted them but that's it.  I also shot 1 after 9am on the 1st day of fox.  I think there is a den or 2 nearby because in the spring my neighbor saw 2 different moms with litters of pups and said there were 9 red fox all together.  So my question is do any of you think early eve is good or close to midnight or when?  I have mainly been going out after 11pm and hunting till 4 or 5am.  I took my yote around 4am and have shot fox after 3am I was just wondering am I going out after they have been doing alot of hunting and have full stomachs and aren't into my calls because they aren't hungry or what?

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
It is still early and there is a lot of food around.  When it gets later and colder and food get scarce don't forget being out @ 1st light.  They will be hungry and stupid.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline Papa1

• Junior Forum Member
PS:   Don't forget the bird calls.  Dick
NRA Life-Benefactor   USP Member  SASS Life member  Mosquito Creek Life Member

Offline takemrarely

• Junior Forum Member
wow Mustang...that's a career for me....good for you....

Offline jerad188

• Junior Forum Member
  • South eastern District 5
99 % of my luck is before 1am... But I usually am not out around 4,5,6am
Addicted to fur for sure