Author Topic: OFFICIAL D2 - PREDATOR HUNT AND GET TOGETHER THREAD  (Read 19501 times)

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
OFFICIAL D2 - PREDATOR HUNT AND GET TOGETHER THREAD
« on: December 09, 2012, 10:16:23 PM »
DISTRICT 2:  PREDATOR HUNT – DECEMBER 26TH – 31ST, 2012

- AND -

DISTRICT 2:  PPHA GET TOGETHER - DECEMBER 29TH, 2012

I.  PREDATOR HUNT

How would you like to shake off those post-holiday bill blues with a friendly send off to 2012? Unlike those Christmas presents, it will not cost you thanks to the your PPHA membership and the generosity of Mike Dillon and the gang at Fox Pro.

How about joining with some of your PPHA brothers and sisters in a District 2 sponsored hunt?  Not up for the hunt or not able to hunt in District 2?  Not a problem, join us for a friendly get together at Cabelas in Hamburg, PA on December 29th!  (See Below)

Here is the scoop!

This hunt is open to any PPHA members who agree to only hunt within District 2 for this contest.  It does not matter the district that you live in geographically.  All that matters is that all of the predators are killed within District 2.  If you are willing and able to hunt in these counties for the contest's you are in the game my friend:

Berks, Bucks, Chester, Dauphin, Delaware, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia, Schuylkill & York.

The open hunting period will begin on December 26th @ 12:01 A.M. and close on December 31st @ 12:00 midnight.

All State hunting rules and regulations apply and every hunter must be properly licensed.  The PPHA district coordinators and board members assume no responsibility for hunters.

This is an internet check in hunt!  All photos must be posted under the D2 hunt post by Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 10:00 A.M. with the proper photo key (pose).

The photo key will be posted on the day prior to the hunt.

Only photos with the exact photo key will be considered for entry.  All decisions made by the District Coordinator, me :-p, are final.

Hunt results and winners will be posted on this official thread during the first week in January 2013. 

If a tie exists, I will contact the participants and ask them each for a three digit number.  The closest to the daily number on the day of my choosing will determine a tie breaker. 

*   If hunting in teams or groups, only the shooter collects the harvested animal's points.  If  you struggle with hunting ethics, this hunt is not for you.

*   All pictures must include the participant displaying their harvest, the date killed, and the 
    official pose.  The official pose will be announced before the contest begins on this thread.

*   All participants must be a PPHA member and must remain a member through the course
     of the hunt.

*   Absolutely no trapping or the use of dogs.

Coyote       25 points
     Fox             10 points
     Raccoon     05 points

II.  PPHA WINTER GET TOGETHER

As part of the hunt, I would like to offer any interested PPHA members to meet at Cabala’s in Hamburg, Berks County, on:

Saturday, December 29th @ 2:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. 

If you are not currently a member we would love to have you in our fraternity.  Memberships may be purchased or renewed at the event.   This can also be done on the PPHA website.

It is my simple goal that we will enjoy spending time with like minded ethical predator hunters seeking to promote and preserve predator hunting and strengthen bonds among PPHA members in our district and throughout this great predator hunting state of Pennsylvania!

I extended my sincerest gratitude to Cabelas who has donated the "Ruffed Grouse" and "Wild Turkey" meeting rooms for this event. 

In addition, I am beyond grateful to Foxpro, without whom we would be hard pressed to offer these events.  Please support FoxPro…they have stepped up to support the PPHA as they always do, and they have provided all the prizes for the hunting contest as well as all of the free raffle give away items. 

* Prize Information Appears Below *

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:56:45 PM by Leglifter »

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: OFFICIAL D2 - PREDATOR HUNT AND GET TOGETHER THREAD
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:49:23 PM »
OFFICIAL PRIZES FOR CONTEST:

1st Prize / GRAND PRIZE (Determined by Points Earned):

FOXPRO WILDFIRE

- Includes FOXBANG feature.
- 35 Pre Loaded Sounds
- 200 Sound Capacity
- Remote Control
- Two Custom Sound Pre-Set Buttons
- Low Battery Indicator
- And Much More

FOXPRO FOX JACK 2 ELECTRONIC PREDATOR HUNTING DECOY

- Attaches Directly to Fox Pro (Spitfire and Wildfire) Game Calls!  Cool!
- LED for Night Time Use
- Link to Video http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/decoys/foxjack2

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:54:58 PM by Seeking_Coyotes »

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 11:14:32 PM »
SECOND PRIZE:

1.  Dillon Griz-n-Grey      http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/dillon-calls/griz-n-grey   
2.  Dillon Backstabber     http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/dillon-calls/backstabber
3.  Dillon Grand Slam      http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/dillon-calls/grand-slam

THIRD PRIZE:

1.  Dillon Griz-n-Grey      http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/dillon-calls/griz-n-grey   
2.  Dillon Backstabber     http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/dillon-calls/backstabber

FIRST COYOTE HARVEST POSTED:

1.  Dillon Grand Slam      http://www.gofoxpro.com/site/products/dillon-calls/grand-slam

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:26:18 PM by Seeking_Coyotes »

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 11:36:26 PM »
PPHA WINTER GET TOGETHER - FREE RAFFLE ITEMS:

We will have Dillon calls to give away at the Cabela's Get Together. 

These are the highest quality PREMIUM wooden predator calls.  I own an older BackStabber and a recent Dillon Griz-n-Grey.  They work...I've killed red fox using them both!

We will have both an adult and a children's raffle. 

« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 11:38:53 PM by Seeking_Coyotes »

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 11:46:34 PM »
WINTER GET TOGETHER - SPEAKERS WANTED

I am hoping to have a speaker for our event.  Please contact me if you would be willing to speak to the group about any aspect of predator hunting.  Multiple presentations / speakers are welcome.

PPHA sponsors, please contact me if you would be willing to demonstrate your product (s) at the event for the participants.

Cabela's does not allow us to bring any food or drink.  There is a cafeteria at Cabela's for food or drink and several fast food restaurants across Route 61.

Offline Musky73

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 06:21:43 PM »
Wow! This is looking really good! Nice job Mike.
district 2

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
Seeking_coyotes
You are giving our district a lot this year already. You can bet there will be some great information given out at cabela,s that you can not get anwere else. This will be the place to get your presator hunting questions answered.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »
Dag, my family is having our Christmas get together on 29 December.  Wish I could have made it.  Get lots of pictures.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline dreamcatcher

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • bizubm43@gmail.com
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »
I won't be able to hunt but I should be at Cabela's on the 29th
NRA Endowment Life
Pa Trappers

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2012, 07:28:52 PM »
December 20th Update:

Speaker Update:

Biologist Thomas Hardisky will be speaking about coyote, fox, and bobcat in PA including topics on the biology and habits of the animals as well as a state of predator in PA so to speak.  While Tom is not a predator hunter, he is a very knowledgeable biologist. 

John Dancey is the only speaker who contacted me.  He requested to speak about predator hunting light technology.  He agreed not to plug any lights that are not sponsors of PPHA.  John is a light guru who works on lights sent to him from across the United States.  Here is some bio information he provided me:

John Dancey has been predator hunting since 2000. He has an extensive background in electronic surveillance and other electronic design, but brought his expertise to predator hunting. This was due to the fact that  there were so many predator hunters looking for solutions to dimmer repair, light repair, decoy modifications and battery questions.

Open Forum:

We will have plenty of time for what I propose to be an open forum.  Folks can ask questions and get answers from their fellow predator hunters.  We will have Big Ben the .223 man, Ernie Wilson master caller and predator gear fabricator, and other folks who are among some of the most knowledgeable predator hunters in the US.  This will shorten the learning curve and help out folks in the PPHA!

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2012, 08:44:00 PM »
Man, this seems like it will be a great get together.  Makes me jealous that I can't be there.  I hope there is a good turn out and have fun guys.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2012, 08:43:26 AM »
SPEAKER UPDATE 2:

Ernie Wilson has volunteered to present a seminar on red fox.  Having hunted with Ernie, I can assure everyone that this will be a great seminar full of expert advice gained through over 40 years of fox hunting.  Ernie is a standing tripod hunter.  He developed a very steady, very adjustable tripod and he has developed an uncommon fox hunting method that has proven effective.

Thank you, Ernie

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2012, 09:24:35 AM »
Sounds like a very good time. I also have my wifes family christmas that same time  :(.

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 09:40:52 AM »
D2 PREDATOR HUNT - "PHOTO KEY"

OK fellows.... if you would like to enter your animials in the D2 Hunt beginning tomorrow, simply take a photo with yourself and your predator with a sign in the photo that says,

"God Bless the USA!"

Post all pictures in this thread.  Pictures must be posted before the end of the contest.  It would be cool, though not necessary, if you tell us about your kills... call, conditions, weapon, public/private land, etc.   If you are willing to share photos with me for future use in PPHA newsletters, etc. please send me a pm.  Good hunting and thank you for entering into the contest.  I hope everyone has safe, successful, and fulfilling hunts!

Remember...the first D2 killed coyote photo wins a prize!  Lots of great things to win courtesy of Fox Pro.  Winners responsible for postage or picking up prizes. 

Those coming to Cabela's on Saturday, please feel free to bring along kids or significant others.  I hope to bring one of my sons and my lady along.  We are a family oriented group!   :)

Mike
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 09:53:54 AM by Seeking_Coyotes »

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 05:49:38 PM »
*** CONTEST EXTENDED DUE TO WEATHER ***

CONTEST WILL NOW END JANUARY 6, 2013 @ 8:00 A.M.[/

PLEASE HAVE YOUR KILL PHOTOS POSTED TO THIS THREAD BEFORE THEN.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 05:57:27 PM by Seeking_Coyotes »