Author Topic: carnivor 5 red led light  (Read 4691 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
carnivor 5 red led light
« on: December 05, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »
Ok here is the deal, I have had people talk about the carnivore 5 on hunting pa and there are people geting upset with people talking about the light and the moderaters get complaints about that from there paid advertisers. So please do not talk about the carnivore lighs there. I wish to respect there board.
I am a paid advertiser here on PPHA were we can talk about any light not just the paid advertisers stuff.  That is what makes PPHA a leader in the sport and keeps the menbers on the cutting edge on all new products.
Thank you
ERNIE
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: carnivor 5 red led light
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 08:27:57 AM »
It's a funny world.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline zekedogg

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:21:33 AM »
Ernie I've talked about your light over there, and will continue to give my opinion on it. After seeing Tim's side by side with my Kill Light 250 I believe it is better. If I decide to give an opinion over there it in no way is an advertisement for you, it is my opinion. I thought that's what these forum boards are for. So I hope they ask me to stop and I'll tell them where they can get off. That's just one reason I don't spend as much time on that board as before. Their predator section is just a love fest for a select few over there.
Rick Comport

Pennsylvania Predator Hunters Association

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 04:40:09 PM »
Here is what hunting pa just posted by a moderator named kenabuck

Recently, there has been a flurry of links being posted, directing members to different hunting lights.

Quite frankly, I am getting tired of receiving complaints (which are justified) about the links.

HPA is here for everyone to enjoy because of our sponsors. Please have respect and do not post links to any products, for which our sponsors provide.

I guess the line has to be drawn in the sand. NO links, no matter what.

The links will be immediately removed and the rules you agreed to, when becoming a member, will be enforced.

I am sorry if you started a post and it was moved in its entirety. I don't have time to remove each and every link.

Thanks for understanding. 

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:44:33 AM »
Several weeks ago, I received a PM on huntingpa. It stated I could not post Ernies web page for the reasons stated above, and the link was removed.
Another post or two popped up about 'lights' and I chimmed in and stated I liked the Carnivor 5. But I didn't post the link.
Some folks ask for the link, so I PM'd Ernies link  ;D.

In any event, Ernie, I will continue to post about your light (on other sites) as others do about guns, ammo, boots, boats and fish'n  rods. I now know the rules...no link without sponsorship.

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 03:55:25 PM »
Hey Bucky...I posted that I was using and liked your light but did not post any link or such.  I won't talk about it anymore.  I was just trying to help you out bud and share info about a new light.

Mike

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 08:13:58 PM »
Mike,Rick,Hern
The reason I posted this information was to keep PPHA guys from getting kicked off there board for posting (links) to my page only.  There usually more to this stuff then you or I should care about. Lets just go predator hunting and let this hunting pa link stuff to there moderators. The guys that are into predator hunting end up here sooner or later any ways, and will get the facts on products and not just by paid sponcers pulling the moderators strings.
Thanks again
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

Tri-X-Stand Rifle

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 07:44:43 PM »
Deal.

Wanted to pass along to any interested readers that last night I believe because of the Carnivore 5 as my gun light that I killed a fox I would not have been able to with my old Kill Light 250 set up.   I was hunting with a PPHA buddy who was calling on one side of a road.  I went on the other side of the road not figuring on any action.  A very large beautiful red went running past me and stopped.  I was not able to pick up eyes because the eyes were not facing towards the light.  However, with the wide and bright beam I saw it sideways and was able to track it with the light and make the shot when it stopped.  So, kudos to Mr. Wilson for bringing this light to us!

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 02:13:50 PM »
If i had to buy a red led light i would go with the carnivore for the gun light and the headlamp abolt makes for scanning. Both are more then what many hunted with less then 3 years ago.  The light game is moving so quick its like the ecall game was a few years back and its still moving.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 02:45:52 PM »
Makes me sad to see another predator hunter put down this great light.   Mama says, "If you can't say something nice keep your damn mouth shut!"

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2433409#Post2433409

Jeremiah, I have to strongly disagree on this post. The Carnivore 5 sells for $124 and that includes six batteries. Boondock sells six batteries for $66. So that is like getting the Carnivore 5 for $60. I use it as a shooting light, hunt all night, and have never run out of the first set of batteries as each set runs for 1.5 hours. Also, I usually hunt until sunrise in the morning at least once a week.

I have tried every light I know of except for the Coyote light and I feel that the Carnivore 5 is by far the best gun light. However, the one light I have not used is the Coyote Light. It may be a better light or the best light out there. I am hearing good things about this light on here and I hope someday to try one. I am not a salesman and only judge lights once I use them in the field not on a wall in a house. I think it is awesome that is made in Pennsylvania by a predator hunter. That alone is a good reason to buy one. I just cannot afford one but if I had the money I would love to try one out. Sounds very appealing to me.

Jeremiah, I feel your post referring to the Carnivore 5 as the Earnivore 5 is very disingenous and in very poor taste and disrespectful to the seller of this light, Ernie Wilson. I have also read on another post where you publically put down the seller of the Coyote TLR light which I feel is another great light. Be careful in this business about putting our brothers down. In the end it will only hurt you.

Offline Misterjake23

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 08:41:20 PM »
     I'm new to the forums, but I had to chime in here and give my 2 cents worth.  I understand the concept of the sponsors BUT this is still America (I think) and everyone on here had the right to make up their own mind.  Without the forums a new guy like myself would have spent hundreds dollars going through light after light until I found a good one.  Thanks to the forums and opinions of others on here, I was able to research various lights and come to somewhat of an educated decision.  Being honest, I appreciated the various thoughts and mentions of various lights that everyone was using.  Utilyzing the forums I was able to pick a great light that I am very happy with thanks to those various posts and opinions.   Shouldn't the Sponsors be able to also respect their competition and have confidance in their products to sell themselves irregardless of one persons opinion over another???

Jake
York, PA
Bee's O'Brien Field Staff
If you heard my shot, Feel lucky...I wasn't aiming at you!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »
It's a crazy world out there, isn't it?