Author Topic: Senator address and phone numbers  (Read 19782 times)

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Senator address and phone numbers
« on: June 15, 2007, 06:22:36 PM »
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 02:21:43 PM »
You might want to contact your local senators just to get them on board  with the idea of the gun mounted light issue. It only takes a few minutes of your time and every little bit helps the effort. Don't forget to stress the "saftey factor" when speaking to them and be polite with them. And just as a side note, you don't have to be an officer or hold a position with the club to do this. Thanks in advance to the ones who will give a few minutes of your time.     George :wink:

longhair

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »
I guess I took to long typing and got knocked off. :roll:

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 09:16:44 PM »
Well I was out having fun taking some nice wild life video pictures of some fence lizards I found; when George Rue calls me on my cell and asked if I had seen this weeks schedule for the Senate Game and Fisheries. Tuesday 10:30 HB881 is out on the floor, I hope you guys called your Senator, if not you only have tomorrow.
Thanks George
Ernie
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline gdragon

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »
Does it have the provision for gun-mounted lights this time or is it written the same as it was before?

longhair

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 10:48:47 PM »
We are trying to get the amendment added for the GML issue. That's the reason for the phone calls. There is a good chance that this could get done. BUT, only with the members and other hunters help.

longhair

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 04:12:52 PM »
Hurdle #1 has been accomplished. The amendment has been added and if I got it correctly, it goes to the senate floor to be voted on and if passed, goes back to the house for a vote and on to the govenor. I want to give senator Richard Kasunic and his staff a big thank you and a job well done. I would also like to thank Ernie and Ben and any of the others for their time and effort with the GML issue.

longhair

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007, 05:40:37 PM »
Hurdle #2 is complete. HB 881 passed the senate as amended by a 50 yes/0 no vote. It goes back to the house now for another vote. As soon as I know the agenda for this bill in the house, I will make a post. :D

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007, 07:31:56 PM »
That's great news!   :D

longhair

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2007, 10:31:36 PM »
Hurdle #3 is complete, one more to go.  I just don't know what to say so I'll just save it for the finish.

longhair

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 04:34:35 PM »
It's on the govenors desk right now and he has ten days to take action on it. If no action is taken, then on the 11th day it becomes law. :D

longhair

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »
IT'S MILLER TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The govenor signed house bill 881 on july 3rd. It is now law !!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH ---after 60 days, you can use the light on your gun. THANKS, to the PPHA and everybody that spoke up for the passage of this bill and THE amendment. :D  :D  :D

IT'S A GREAT DAY FOR THE PPHA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D  :D  :D  :D

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 01:15:45 PM »
most excellent... a major win for all involved...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

longhair

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 02:45:56 PM »
I've been waiting to say my thank you's, so here it goes. 1st I would like to thank Senator Richard Kasunic and his staff. 2nd,to all the Representatives. Starting with Rep. Haluska,Rep Daley,Rep Levdansky, Rep Mahoney, Rep Harhai, Rep Rohrer, Rep Staback, Rep Kula, and all the others that helped with this bill. And last but not least, A VERY big thanks to Ernie and Ben and the PPHA members that stepped up and made those phone calls and sent the e-mails. I know that there probably was others that had a hand with this and to them I say thanks also. This was my first time with a legislative issue and I learned alot.  :D

Offline paul555

• Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »
So all that's left is.........

deciding on the best setup to use.   :mrgreen:

Suggestions?

Actually, it would be really cool if at the next PPHA event, a few who have experience using a GML will show how they setup and work the lights.