Author Topic: Hell fox  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
Hell fox
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:32:50 PM »
Big Ben an went out early Saturday night. We thought it would be a good idea to shoot a grey fox with a bow. Everything happened great. He started calling an that fox came up the rock bed in the matter of minutes. I drew back an as soon as he stopped I released it the fox at about 22 yards it jumped an barked. Now we got to track the fox so we come down out of the tree stand an we find  a lot of blood then a little anthem a lot again it went on like this for a while. Well then the blood trail went into this big thing of thorns. So I followed the blood in army crawling the whole way. The trail lead me right to a rock so what do I do I stick my head in an look. I can see the fox but I can't reach him I take big bens shooting stick an reach in to try an get him I hit the fox an it gos deeper in the hole. That was a bad start to the season. But we went to our next stand an I got my first red fox.

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Hell fox
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 03:52:44 PM »
I also got the whole ordeal on film. Once edited i'll get it up
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:08:05 PM »
Sounds like a blast.  Too bad you couldn't recover it.  Could you have shot it in the rocks and then recover it?  Maybe it would not have been able to crawl deeper.  I know where you were and those rocks are a b***h. ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 05:32:41 PM »
I thought it was dead. An I went up there today or day after an tried to dig it out the way the two BIG rocks were lying I couldn't get to it. If only I had a backhoe lol ;D

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 05:49:18 PM »
I'd stick a fishing pole with a large treble hook in there.
FayetteNam

Offline Bulldog

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 06:51:37 PM »
Good idea