Author Topic: Calling all Crow Experts...  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Calling all Crow Experts...
« on: July 04, 2012, 09:41:19 AM »
Help...I lost my crow mojo!  I don't crow hunt very much and I am far from an expert.  I used to head out to a nice travel path with lots of crows, play crow fight or dying crow on the foxpro, get a few shots, kill a few and go home.  I took my 14 year old son out Sunday and it was near impossible to get the crows to drop below the tree tops for decent shots.  We were fully camoflaged and hunted in deep woods and in from a field.  How do I get the crows to drop down that extra 20 yards for a good shot?

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: Calling all Crow Experts...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 10:50:06 AM »
Have a try with decoys and feeding crow call. (- . -, - . -) <--- that's my morse code for the call, if using a mouth call. 

This link at the 4:35 mark explains it better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWavlvNCMfQ&feature=related
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
Thanks Scott.  That video was very helpful.  I'm going to try the come here call and the feeding call on my hand call next hunt.  Look for my missing crow decoys to take along if I can find them.  Those crow decoys they had tied up in that dead tree were the cats meow!

Offline scottm2012

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
As far as decoys go, on a limited budget use cut up soda cases painted black, you only need to get em close enough for the shotgun to work.
Scott Morgan
District 3
TC Venture 308, Savage 340C 222, Dan Thompson and Bees O'Brien Calls 

"I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America."

Joshua Boston