Author Topic: Groundhog rules in May  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
Groundhog rules in May
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:32:03 PM »
Ive only evey hunted dove 1 time when i was younger...SO i no nothing about rules except that coyotes are year round hunting...that said ...my fiance's parents have like 150 acres of land in D4 and tons of corn fields..im guessing plenty of groundhogs??im sure ill have permission from her parents..the only thing is..how much orange/camo do i need to wear to pop some GH heads...and also...if coyotes have such keen eyesight what kinda orange do i need to wear for fox/coyote/groundhog???
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Groundhog rules in May
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 08:06:55 AM »
Floresent orange hat for hogs
Fox season is not in yet
as for coyotes, if you see one, pocket your hat as long as you're safe and no one else is hog hunting in the area

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:03:02 AM »
Ok cool...is it legal to shoot groundhogs right now?
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 02:11:02 PM »
Not being smart but you may want to read your hunting digest that comes with your license.  It does a pretty decent job explaining the rules, regulations, seasons and bag limits.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 02:42:45 PM »
lol never got a book with my license :-\ but ill stop by somewhere and pick one up when i go test my loads..today..sorry for all the questions..but i just started getting into hunting and the only thing i know how to do is shoot
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »
Questions are fine!  I just realized a lot of the stuff you are asking is in the book.  You can actually view it online also.   http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt/document/1073864/2011-2012_hunting_trapping_digest_pdf.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Cooper13

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
  • Hern's Fire Hand
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 12:36:06 AM »
lol..its cool...i know im going to be a big part of this organization(at least i plan on it) in the future but know i need to have the know how and experience to do that..dont know where to start except blabbing my question askin mouth! lol thanks for the link
J.Cooper
District 4, Camp Hill