Author Topic: lighting tips...  (Read 13596 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
lighting tips...
« on: January 16, 2006, 10:15:30 PM »
I use an Optronics 250 for a gun light and a NiteLite Rheohead for a head light... the plugs like Optronics uses can be bought at most any automotive store, get the crimp on connectors to attach to the battery... I added a connector to the head light like the Optronics uses, and double pigtail connectors for the battery... I bought a couple 6V 12ah batteries at the local Battery Warehouse, and now can run one battery all night long for both lights... I shine constantly with the head light, but turn on the gun light when I spot eyes... I fire it up off to the side, and then swing it onto the animal... seems to spook them less then when I turn it on while it's pointed at them...

I also burned out my charger recently and found a neat little 6/12V 1.5ah charger at Wal-Mart, with the same connector the Optronics has, can plug it right in to the battery to charge...

I also use the plastic stretchy electrical tape to cover the connectors on the batteries as this helps hold the connectors on and keeps them from catching when I slide the battery into and out of my pockets...

just thought I'd share these ideas with you...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline archerobx

• PPHA Forum GURU
lighting tips...
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 07:24:02 PM »
I have an old arrow taped to a spot light. I stick the arrow into the ground and this holds the light up and it swivels.