Author Topic: Good times!  (Read 2180 times)

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting
Good times!
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:57:39 PM »
   Just as the sun was going down. I had the Fox Pro running with the "Lighting Jack". About four minus into the call I saw a coyote bugging out. He had come in and saw us before we saw him. So with the jig up. We moved on down the road. And as I looked down this pipeline road. I saw something down as the road just topped out. Pull out my rifle and looked through the scope and seen that it was a coyote. His head and shoulders was all that I could see at this point. leaving the truck running so not to spook him by changing anything. I got out of the truck and laid my Ruger 223 Rem. across the hood. Let the cross hairs set on his right side. And let a 45 gr. JHP go down the dusty road. It hit with a load thud and the coyote did the "death spin". He ran about ten yards and drop dead. We later range the shot and found it to be 197 yards. From the size of the wound the 45 JHP open up on the fur. I figure this one was the one who had just bugged out. And was sitting on top of this hill watching us. Good times!

-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------

Offline Team Howler

• Junior Forum Member
    • Lycoming Fence Company LLC (Personal Business)
Re: Good times!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 11:48:35 PM »
Nice yote! That's a big hole buddy. Is that a hollow point that you shot him with? How far away was the yote when you shot?
Hunt safely!
District 3
Matt Brown
Arsenal: Savage Model 12 22-250, Tikka T3 lite Stainless .233, Ruger model 77 mark II .243, Tikka T3 Lite Stainless 25/06
Tools
FoxPro Firestorm w/ Fox Jack, Kill Light 250 and 100, Various Hand Calls

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:07:36 AM »
It was a 45 gr JHP and he was 197 yards away.

Clint

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
Clint thank you for sharing that... Nice coyote!!   I always see the 45 grain HP in Wallyworld in 223 and 22250.. I'm going to have to  give them a try for woodchucks this Spring!!!!I  do use the 45 SP when I use the  22 Hornet!!!

Offline Thirty Cal

• Aim small, miss small!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 03:32:18 PM »
Nice looking dog!
I am loading some Barnes 55 grain varmint rounds in .223 so I don't blow a hole in the far side. The round's supposed to frag real fast, anchor them in place and not exit the far side, all with a wide range of velocities. When I connect I'll let you know!

Good shootin'!
District 2 but will hunt anywhere, even my home state of MD.

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »
Let us see when you do Thirty Cal.

Clint