Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1601 times)

Offline recurve

« on: November 17, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »
First let me say this seems like a great site, as far as guns have an 835 mossberg, 223 single shot, and was given an older 22 hornet(savage 23-d) from my father , the savage is a real shooter but have 40 rounds of hollowpoints(45 grain) would they tear up too much fur or would I be ok with them? Seem to have a lot of grays in my area and saw enough yote sign and three actual sightings during bow that figured its about time to get serious about this, have the time now since i recently retired  and invested in a foxpro to go along with some mouth calls I've used in the past, what really got me hooked was a near chance at a yote while in treestand during bow , saw him (guessing by size) and turned him towards me by kissing back of my hand should've tried shot when he was at 20 but was coming in and facing me thought he was going to give me a straight down shot but he got within 5 yards of where I'd set my pack on log before climbing up tree and darn, swear he turned inside out, and I wear rubber boots and am extemely scent concious, gave me a whole lotta respect, since i'd had a doe and skippers walk right under me earlier and they never even acted the least bit nervous, hey thanks again and really like this site.

Offline a bolt

• PPHA Members
  • Senior Forum Member
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
Hornet ,works great on fox also killed a few coyotes with the hornet.for coyotes i shootfor the head.