Author Topic: alaska bound and time off this fall  (Read 2257 times)

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
alaska bound and time off this fall
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:34:25 PM »
Hard to believe it,s almost Sept.My boy and I leave for Alaska on Sept.8 for 11days.Were headed to a remote island a little west of Kodiak Island.Silver salmon fishing- kayaking-and exploring.We do have to do a little work every day in exchange for food-room and board but well worth it.Then home and hard at it till the end of Oct. and I,m taking off the WHOLE month of Nov.--OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!Rutting bucks with a recurve-Black bear with the recurve and then flintlocks for bear if no luck with the bow.Throw in Predator calling and a small trapline and it,ll be an Awesome fall!!I,ll be staying at the cabin in Germania-Potter County--good luck to all this fall and have a great day--waste phejuta--Lloyd

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
Re: alaska bound and time off this fall
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
Now that sounds like a good season!
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:18:34 PM »
Good Luck and stay safe.  Sounds like a great adventure.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline coyotenightmare

• PPHA Members
  • Seasoned Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 01:11:48 PM »
You sure make me jealous. I was planning to move there this coming spring but was offered a lucrative business opportunity if I stay where I am so I canceled my flight to Alaska the end of this month. Guess I have to live in pa (city) for a while yet. Going to be in debt for a while, but in five years or less I should be getting somewhere financially. Maybe then it will work out to move. Family is nice, but when you try and move away, they panic and do all they can to stop your plans. 10 years from now I will only be 35 and hope by then to be able to buy a place in Alaska and move far away from washington.

Offline predator1

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 06:34:22 AM »
coyotenightmare,
                       You have time to maybe some day make the move and your young yet.I,ll be 50 next year and thought a lot about possibly moving up but I have an established construction business here in Enola and do Ok.I,ve worked hard and now I enjoy a lot of extra time off-especially in hunting season.I,ve been to Alaska 5 times now and hope to go a few more times within the next few years.Took the wife to the Iditarod last year and she liked Alaska but had no interest in moving there.Were actually looking for land in or around the Adirondacks to possibly move to within a few years.Good luck in your new endeavours and have a great day!!Lloyd   Iku ekta kin Tate!!