Author Topic: shooting distances  (Read 5059 times)

Offline Dale

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: shooting distances
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »
when Jay and I were terrorizin the fox population up there in the south central we've shot'em out in excess of 250 yards at times... just depended where they stopped... most of the time a fox stops out away from you he'll either sit of lay down and look at you... makes for easy shootin when they're squared up sittin lookin at you...

last one I killed in PA before movin down here was about 6:30 in the mornin, 225 yards or so, layed flat out in a corn row, just a lookin... held the verticle right between his peepers, put the horizontal at his ear tips and smoked him...

ya need to practice at all different ranges to get proficent at night shootin... we had a farm that one field set down low from sight of almost everyone around and made a perfect place to practice... good back stop and could shoot to about 175 yards...  2 pieces of 1/2" reflective tape about 2-3" apart made a good reprisentation of a pair of eyes as we always head shot'em...
when you step out the truck, you become part of the food chain...

Genius by birth....    slacker by choice!...

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 07:42:51 PM »
I like to get them as close as I can without the fear of getting busted. Witch is usually aroud 40 yards.

Offline Seeking_Coyotes

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 09:27:17 AM »
40 yards