Author Topic: Ernie Wilson new Coyote Shooting Rest  (Read 4113 times)

uncle buck

Ernie Wilson new Coyote Shooting Rest
« on: June 23, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
I tried out Buckwheat's new short armed Coyote Shooting rest this evening... I shot two chucks with it... One was at 148 yards and the other chuck was shot at 248 yards..  Here is picture of the 148 Yard shot chuck with the new short armed rest. The rifle is an Encore  24 inch 22250 with a Leupold Varx 1 3 X 9 44mm scope... I was using Combined Technologies 50 grain Ballistic silver Tip reloads..The blow up on the chucks at the 148 and the 248 yard marks were not extensive... can't wait to try the 50 grain Silvertip Ballistic tips in my 223 Savage Edge and the Savage 24V 223/12.

Here is the picture of the 248 yard chuck... It had a bit of mange so I did not carry it back to the EW Coyote shooting rest..

If your in the market for an outstanding range finder the Nikon 550 is outstanding.  This is how I recorded just how far the shots were with the EW coyote shooting rest.

Here is a good picture what the rest looks like with out a rifle in the arm.

Notice how the pistol grip on your rifle holds the rifle in place on this particular picture.

This is going to be one heck of a night time fox hunting rifle rest... It's light in weight and it does not fight you when you carry it in to your stand...

Buckwheat!!!Keep up the good work!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:02:54 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

Re: Ernie Wilson new Coyote Shooting Rest
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 11:37:33 PM »
This evening I did some more test using the Ernie Wilson Coyote Shooting rest:  I took my T/C Encore Prohunter 28 inch 308 Win with me... I used two types of 308 Win bullets in the test...The rest handled the recoil of both bullets with no problem what so ever... I shot Speer 125 grain Hollow Point TNT (in the picture) and Federal 150 grain  Factory Spitzer deer ammo..  I killed one chuck with the 308 Win and Coyote Rest at 183 yards and another at 127 yards..  I  also shot about 25 rounds of combined types of 308 Win ammo from the rest today...This would be excellent for hunting out West or in Pa farm fields for deer too... It's light in weight so it's not to hard to carry it in to your hunting set up area..

T/C Encore Prohunter 28 inch barrel 308 Win with a Muller 4.5 X 14   40 MM AO scope..

Notice how the pistol grip hold the gun in place in this photos:

This is what the rear nylon web looks like that holds the pistol grip of your rifle:

This is what the rest looks like looking from the back to the front of the Coyote Shooting rest.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:47:06 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

Re: Ernie Wilson new Coyote Shooting Rest
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 11:49:32 PM »
In my first post above I said that the Leupold VarX 1, 3 X 9 is a 44 MM it is not it's a 40 MM...By the way with a Red 250 killlight attached to the top of the scope you don't even need an illumination scope.. This cheap Leupold is an outstanding night time hunting set up now that I have the Red 250 Kill Light mounted on this Leupold Var X 1.