Author Topic: range finder question  (Read 1806 times)

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
range finder question
« on: May 28, 2011, 09:34:35 PM »
looking at a leupold rx-750 and nikon prostaff 550, anybody have any input on either one, i cant decide
thanks, randy
district #1

Offline 221 Fireball

• Junior Forum Member
Re: range finder question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 10:12:59 PM »
I've got the Nikon Riflehunter 550. I liked it a little better than the Leupold's but if I had too do it over I would have went with a Leica. I was out last summer with a buddy ground hog'n and his Leica over 450 yds was great. I really have to watch on some days with the weather as getting a true distance. The Nikon is rated for 550 yds i've shot distances with it out to 650 when the weather permitted or backstop gave a good backstop. But the Leica didn't seem to care, point and shoot.  It also depends what you want to do with your range finder. I carry mine in the woods archery hunting and I like it because it gives 1 distance not 2 with the angle, it's simple display with not a lot of clutter.

Offline bdawg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
Re: range finder question
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 02:22:23 PM »
i finally got a rangefinder, bought the redfield raider 550, its very compact and light, clear and accurate checked it with 100 ft tape at various distances, all dead on, ranged out to 626 on a bldg, was gonna get the nikon til i read some reviews, alot of issues just after the warranty ran out
district #1