Author Topic: Fox season over at 19 of Feb the 20th I'm reloading for new season  (Read 1478 times)

uncle buck

I have a bit of the End Of The Fox Season Blues.. SO I have started to reload today... I really like the new IMR 8208 XBR powder so I loaded 8 reloads each with the Combined Technologies 50 grain .224 Silvertip bullet.. did 24 with this powder in three different grains... Plan to shoot a Savage Edge and my Savage 24 V 223/12 combo in.. Hence once I hit paper I will see which group shoots the best.. decided that each night I would escape to my reloading area and do yet another powder with the same 50 grain .224 bullets.. This chuck season hoping to try the 24V for chucks and then use the gun for coyotes. The Edge will use that for chucks and coyotes too...

I also want to play around with my 17 Fireball and try the 20 grain HP that Midway sales.. Called Dogtown and it's made for the 17 Fireball of course it should shoot well in the 17 Rems too..

You get a chance try some of that new IMR 8208 XBR powder. Neat thing is that it can be used for most calbiers..  17 Fireball, 17 rem,  22250, 223, 3006, 308 Win etc etc etc etc

Ah nothing like the therapeutic effect of reloading when fox season is over..
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 12:02:36 AM by uncle buck »