Author Topic: Agenda items at the PGC headquarters on Jan 31-Feb 1 click on agenda  (Read 4044 times)

uncle buck

Agenda at the PGC meeting at Harrisburg, Pa on Jan 31 and 1 Feb  2011

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=563329&mode=2

uncle buck

Re: Agenda items at the PGC headquarters on Jan 31-Feb 1 click on agenda
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »
I have a question of Page 41.. Wearing orange when hunting coyotes.. Looks like they are adding wearing orange for coyote huntinjg  to also the Special Deer Seasons???????????????????????????????  I did find on the agenda that Special Deer hunting is ID to special needs, military personel, youth days in Oct???????If this is the case then I can understand that..  I just didn't want us to have to wear orange in the daytime for coyotes when people are hunting deer with flintlocks...

By the way look at page 16...Looks like we will be able to shoot porcupines now if that is approved...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 02:07:40 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 03:06:42 PM »
Uncle Buck, you would be correct.  Porcupines would be unlimited.

Yes you would have to wear Orange when hunting coyotes during any deer and bear seasons during legal shooting hours.  This would not apply to night time hunting within those seasons.

I am hoping to talk to Carl Roe about Sunday Coon hunting at the sportsmens show.  I am still hoping my connection also brings this issue up at the appropriate time.  We will see. 
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2011, 12:45:03 AM »
Here is where I saw the Special Season high lighted in the agenda:

Deer, Special firearms (Antlerless only) Oct. 20 Oct. 22 An antlerless deer
(Statewide) with each required
Only Junior and Senior License Holders, 3 antlerless license.
Commission Disabled Person Permit Holders
(to use a vehicle as a blind), and Residents
serving on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces,
or in the U.S. Coast Guard, with required
antlerless license

Here is where they are changing the wording to include the Special Deer Seasons:  This would be on Page 41 of the agenda:

(ix) [Coyotes except from the first day to the last day inclusive of the regular firearms deer season, any firearms bear season and spring turkey season within each wildlife management unit] All coyote seasons, except during the respective portion of any coyote season that runs concurrent with the legal hunting hours of any special firearms deer season, regular firearms deer season, regular firearms bear season or extended firearms bear season within each wildlife management unit, when the requirements of subsection (a) remain applicable.

Again I hoping that they are only talking about the Special Firearm Season I have pasted above:

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
Heard from a reliable source that making us wear orange during all of the deer season will not happen.. They are just clearing up the language. I consider this issue on Special Deer Season and wearing orange closed.

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 01:14:04 PM »
Thats what I was thinking UB but you can never be too sure.  Thanks.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!