Author Topic: Gettysburg Reunion  (Read 4254 times)

uncle buck

Gettysburg Reunion
« on: January 15, 2011, 01:22:16 AM »

Brother Tom sent me this... Real Neat!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIJaxu3w4-U

Offline Lifes2fun

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Gettysburg Reunion
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 10:36:48 AM »
That was really good...thanks UB
THIS IS SPARTA!!

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »
Here is a recording that will make you think of what the Yanks heard as Pickets men crossed that field toward Cemetery Ridge at Gettysburg.

I think this sound could call in a predator or make them run to the next county!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Me along with them!!!!!

Credit History Publishing Company Palisades NY..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssLMroT2euQ&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 12:06:54 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Bill

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 09:36:33 PM »
Great Video, a Few years ago my wife and I took a few days off to spend in Gettysburg, I was amazed at what I saw there...Thank you for sharing this!

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 06:40:54 PM »
i kno the gettysburg area really well because the co. i used to work for was located there and we ran fiber optic aerial cable in every small town within probly 50 miles of gettysburg. i sorta dont even like tellin this story but me and 3 of my co workers were at the place they call 'the devils den, it was at night we were checkin out huge rocks that union soldiers were tucked away in rocks during the battle and a huge man was standing down below us in some type of military uniform! we all seen him. i tryed talking to him and he just stood there never said a word to any of us! we all sorta re grouped inside huge rock wonerin wat the heck was goin on and when we looked back down he was gone ! no other car but our'es was there! i swear we seen a ghost! i m not crazy we all kno wat we saw! creepy i tell ya! i hate tellin people about that but its true. we werent all drinking either. i think its haunted or someone may have been playin a joke but it was real late at night?? who knos but i kno we never went back!

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:09:54 PM »
Doghound...I have a few stories I have told already on here sometime or another about Devil Den and the Triangular Field behind it.. Things happen to me there too. So I can believe you saw something for sure..

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »
it definately kno wat i saw. its kinda funny now when ever i run into one of my old co workers and ask them about that night. i like too see if they remember wat we saw and they do! i will always remenber how big this man was! i always heard it was haunted but never really beleived in that stuff.  til that night! plus the uniform he was wearing??...

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »
There is a story in the One of  books   "The Ghost Of Gettysburg"...People talk about seeing a soldier at Devil Den.. This soldier is dressed in what  Texans dressed at the battle of Gettysburg.  As you know the Texas regiment did fight at Devil Den...

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 06:31:53 PM »
you have got to be kidding me? i never knew they had a ghost book of gettysburg? i wonder where i could buy the book? i didnt kno texas reg. fought there! do you happen to kno if the hats on texas reg. were big? or an odd shape? if you are ever bored or would like to tell me some of your experiences that happened there i would enjoy reading . i read where you had said some weird stuff occured there. thanks uncle buck....randy

uncle buck

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 10:58:33 PM »
Randy the Texans did not wear the regular confederate uniforms..They kind of wore more like non uniform clothing..Things worn daily for that era..  They were not fully equipped like other State units.. Many of the Southern states made sure their members going into the war had a good uniform.. Not Texas..they just kind of showed up with the clothes on their back.. So the hat being bigger could be that you too. Saw the Texacan ghost that is in the book of  "Ghost Of Gettysburg..  All the shops at Gettysburg sell the Ghost of Gettysburg series.. right now they might have 5 or 6 different books...It just designated by a Vol number  Ghost of Gettysburg 2 or Ghost of Gettysburg 6 etc ...I'm sure the story about the Texas ghost at Devils Den is in the first book.. I will have to find the books and look it up for you.. I'm sure you might be able to get the books on Amazon.com however.. They are not real expensive..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 10:58:52 PM by uncle buck »

uncle buck

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 11:21:26 PM »
Randy  the story of the ghost sighting at Devil Den is in the first book:  Ghost Of Gettysburg by  Mark Nesbitt.  He describes the ghost as looking like this: He sorta looked like a Hippie-long hair, ragged clothes, barefoot, big floppy hat.  The book further states what I said above..that the Texans came with the clothes on their back.  Since they came the furthest of all the troops their boots and clothes wear out faster then other..
The story further states that other people have also seen this same ghost at Devil Den...

All my experiences I have had happen in between the top of Devil Den and the Triangular field.. some 40 yards apart from each other..

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2011, 12:59:14 AM »
thank you very much for the info. i am definately going to be getting that book. i know one thing for sure is that i am 44 yrs old and when you told me about that hat, every hair on my arms stood straight on end!  i think its a real interesting subject, as for my wife..... i think she thinks i m crazy! lol. i am going to be taking her to gettysburg some time soon. i would love to show her the sights and devils den! at night! hmmmm? i wonder if she is willing to hang out there by her self late at night, by herself? since its not haunted and all. lol.... i could never let her even try, for i kno wat we all seen. i can remember it like it was yesterday! which actually it was 20 plus yrs ago. thanks again for all the info and looking that book up for me.....randy