Author Topic: Back at it one more time.  (Read 3608 times)

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
    • West Tx. Varmint Hunting
Back at it one more time.
« on: January 15, 2011, 12:27:03 AM »
Well Mike and I went back out this afternoon. The first stand the temp was still a little warm. Nothing came in. So pick up and made a second stand still nothing. But the third stand we sit up on the side of this sand hill. It was cooler now. Mike started the J.S. PM-4 with a rabbit sound. A few mins. into the stand while I was looking to my right. I heard a shot rang out. Mike had took one coming to the call. I did a few ki-yi's and mike hit the remote and fire up the PM-4 again. Tried the fickler and the screaming bird. One more shows up on Mike's left. He shot sounded like a hit but the coyote didn't act like it was one. I watch as he ran through the brush and over the hill.
We sat up on a pipe line right away. Set the PM-4 out and fire it up. It ran for a few mins. Mike started blow on his "Syco Tweety"
and "Tweety". He had one coming in and he shot it with his Rem. 700 in 6 mm Rem. That coyote went to jumping and barking. Mike told me to take him he was out of ammo. So my 6.5 rang out and he went DRT.
We packed up and headed on to another spot. When we came up on this water hole. Mike saw something in the brush. Maybe a hog we thought! The sun was blinding me off of the water. So we moved over to the left of the water hole. We could tell by then it was a big porcupine. So I let my old 6.5x55 do it's job with a 100 gr Nosler BT.
The end of another good day of hunting with a good friend.
Thanks again Mike.

Clint

-----------------CLICK HERE-----------------

uncle buck

Re: Back at it one more time.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »
Congrats on a successful hunt!!!!Nice to hear the play by play... Also nice you use the 6.5 Swede.  Often thought that would be a nice deer gun... with the 100 grainers could use it for chucks too....

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:21:41 AM »
I really like mine.

Clint

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »
Nice! Is that an ewok on the left? ;)
FayetteNam

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »
A big porcupine.

Clint

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »
I never saw a porcupine that big...Joking of course here... Of course now that be a Texas porcupine everything is big in Texas..
Texas is one of my favorite states to visit thats for sure..  Hope to do some predator hunting there myself soon....

Offline smokey

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »
Nice coyotes...I got a coisin moving to Texas soon, im hoping to plan a visit / predator hunt there for next year!

Offline vmaster59

• Junior Forum Member
  • Coyote One Production
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 04:02:41 AM »
Hope you get to come down UB. Where bouts your coisin moving to.

Clint

uncle buck

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2011, 05:14:38 PM »
Clint....My relatives all live in North East Texas and Arkansas..  I know Toby lives in the Austin area and that still far from Texarkanna, Texas...
I do realize the further West you go for coyotes the better off you are for hunting...I did have a relative that lived near Dallas but I think he's moving soon..