Author Topic: Scored a new Kill light today  (Read 6348 times)

Offline thearcher1340

Re: Scored a new Kill light today
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 09:10:22 PM »
UB your rifle rest where u get it and whats it look like?  I guess some type of shooting sticks would be a good idea?  Do you have any type of cover or hood on your kill lights?

uncle buck

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2011, 01:28:30 AM »
I have all kind of shooting styks, and Tripods....Best is the Ernie Wilson Ranger Shooting Rest...I have the Primos Trigger Styk Tripod,  I have the M & M platform that you can place on camera Tripods.  The tripod that I use depends on who I'm hunting with.

People on here do you the hoods.. Se my barrel is only 21 inches long on my Encore 17 Fireball.  So my barrel does not show up as easy as 24 or 26  or 28 inch barrel.. Probably if I used one on the 21 inch barrel very little of the barrel would reflect into the night.. However looks like no matter what hood people do use the barrel still shines...

Offline thearcher1340

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2011, 08:55:21 PM »
     UB thanks for the suggestions on the coyote pups, never thought of trying that one.  I'm really a newbie at the night hunting so I am trying to pick all your guys brains on all your experiences.  My young one is 10 and I can't go into the woods without him, and I'm trying to keep it that way.  Lost the oldest to chasing giiiirrrrrrrllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. The oldest was a magnet for bucks, turkey whatever we were after.  His first buck was a 10 pointer with the bow, and the really cool thing was that I was right there with him. First turkey was a longbeard.  So I'm just trying to figure out my setup so it's not a miserable time.  I'm figuring on using either my 243, 222, or my 17hmr.  I have a Fox Pro Fury, Have the kill light xlr250. Any suggestions on shooting rest.  Suggestion on caliber gun. Anything else would be greatly appreciated.