Author Topic: Toes got cold Suggestions..?  (Read 6235 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Toes got cold Suggestions..?
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:27:31 PM »
I was wearing pack boots last night with one cotton stock and one wool sock. My feet and toes still got cold from sitting. Suggestions? My fingers also get cold.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 08:27:59 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline longhair

• Seasoned Forum Member
Re: Toes got cold Suggestions..?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 08:53:32 PM »
Try this....
Put on a pair of nylons(knee highs)......from your wife. ;D
Then a pair of good wool socks....then your boots of choice
When on stand use a pair of Artic shield booties
If on stand for a long time, put in some hand warmers up in the toes of the booties

Note~don't lace your boots too tight, that will cut the circulation of blood to your feet. Also when going from set to set, don't set the heater in your vehicle to blow on your feet that will cause them to sweat.
Whatado !!!!
District 6
"When the queen is happy, There's peace in the kingdom."

Offline Whitefeather

• Junior Forum Member
  • I am NOT the Whitefeather on HuntingPA.com!!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 10:16:50 AM »
I put on a pair of good wicking socks, than a pair of thick wools socks.  Good insulated boots and it seems to be ok.  The hands is anothr matter.  I think no matter what you do when its cold enough your hands will get cold.
Chris Deckard  District 2

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 10:31:08 AM »
Forrest uses a pair of HotMocs when he gets to the stand. 

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 11:04:35 AM »
where a good set of poly pro thin socks then a pair of marino wool socks.  make sure the socks are not too tight either.  they will restrict blood flow.  do you have good blood flow to your feet fp51?  that could be the problem
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »
The wicking sock and boot sock are the way to go.  However I think that many of the wicking socks are nylon so that should have worked for Foxpro51??????

I have started to use one of those muffs that attach around your waste when calling.. When hands are not in use like when using an electronic caller I keep my hands in the muff and my gun is held in a shooting rest if it's a rifle.. Shotgun is carried along side me either and supported at the pistol grip with my arm pushed against my side. barrel facing down..If I am mouth calling I might put a glove on my hand that goes under the forearm of the gun and the bare hand is placed in the muff.

http://www.cabelas.com/mens-handwarmer-muffs-cabelas-mt050-windstopper-handwarmer-muff.shtml
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:28:22 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 08:25:07 PM »
Foxpro51
My feet HATE the cold.  I look how well made on the bottom of the boot is for insulation. To many boots are not thick on the bottom and ground temp gets in to easy. I wear thin cotton socks and boots lose enough to have a little room. Tight boots are good to walk in but will make your feet cold. Keep your stands shorter, lol
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »
I have been using a booty made by BOSS along with a pair of liners underneat. My feet have not been cold at all when I wear these two in combination... If I ever see this particular BOSS booty somewhere I'm going to make sure I buy another pair.. The pair I have were purchased maybe 20 + years ago and they still work..

Offline Yotestalker

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »
for hands i have heard you can wear latex gloves as the middle layer of gloves that ensures your hands stay dry no matter what. not sure about feet try muck boots or milsurp micky mouse boots both are pretty warm

Offline Doghound

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »
i use micky mouse boots. not one time have my feet ever got cold, with just one pair of wool socks, loose fitting. as for hands i use muffs that strap round ur waist with a zippered pocket in front with hand warmers in pouch. good luck !