Author Topic: Keeping a record on your mileage  (Read 1673 times)

uncle buck

Keeping a record on your mileage
« on: December 17, 2010, 06:39:17 PM »
Economics? Good to keep a record on how many miles you put on your vehicles during the predator hunting and or trapping season...

Not that would stop me from hunting but it could make me think a bit about if I really want to trap and how many weeks I would want to keep my sets out there...

For example when trapping with restraints one year.. I trapped for a full 30 days...Put well over 35 + miles round trip on the vehicle daily for that 30 day period...Put well over 1050 miles on the Foxmobile....

Did not mind...Caught things for sure and had an outstanding time.. However neat stuff is that you could see how much you spent on gas...Maybe your family does not have that kind of money this year to pay that much money for gas if you don't get it back with your fur caught...

Now what I like to do is put that 1050 miles into the computer to see how far I would have gotten on a road trip if I drove 1050 miles... The trip put me past Branson Mo.. that's for sure!!!!!!!!!

See....maybe you would rather take a road trip to hunt predators instead of trapping them local... All kinds of things you can do with the data.. Also Historical data too.. Someone in your family..Maybe your grandchild can pick up your logs and say..Wow Grandpa trapped that year and put 1050 miles on his car.. Probably would not mean anything to anyone on here but it give es your grandchild to see a side of you.

So far I put 350 miles on the Foxmobile just predator calling..

I also like to put post on here to just make people think of things that they normally would not think about.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:42:15 PM by uncle buck »

Offline Hern

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Keeping a record on your mileage
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 03:47:17 PM »
Setting traps, I put 72 miles on the ole pickup today.