Author Topic: Hat light  (Read 8777 times)

uncle buck

Re: Hat light
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »
My XLR 250 kill Light will go on my center fire rifle.. I was thinking how it comes with the pressure switch.. However you can turn it on by pushing the button at the end of the light too...When your rifle shooting at 100. 200 and 250 yards you don't need to be exerting pressure on a switch to keep the light on..Best to just push the button on the end of the Kill Light to make it a permanent light when your going to shoot.. The light stays on and you don't have to be exerting pressure on a switch while your trying to place the Muller lighted dot on the chest cavity of the predator..  

Leglifter thank you for the info on the XLR100 light... Sounds like it would make an outstanding light weight scanning light. You would not need all of those batteries on your waist or added weight...It to can be used on the barrel of your shotgun...But this time with or without the pressure switch to kill shotgun critters....

I know many of us will think...Wow for $20.00 more I can get an XLR 250 light... But remember what your going to use the light for... Might be better to have the XLR 250 $119.99 for shooting on the rifle and the XLR100 light $99.99for scanning or shotgunning.. To much light for shotgunning can hurt you more then it can help...
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 06:14:42 PM by uncle buck »

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 07:15:35 AM »
the kill lights pressure switch will keep it on.  push down till it clicks and it stays on.  at least dads does.
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 08:00:23 AM »
Ben, there are two different kind of pressure switches that are shipped with the kill light,
one is just a momentary switch that you have to hold down to keep the light on

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 08:11:36 AM »
dads only got the one extra.  it clicks on and stays on.  then you have the one that is on the back of the light. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 09:02:59 AM »
Ditto with what ben said.
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 09:23:31 AM »
Unclebuck
I know many of us will think...Wow for $20.00 more I can get an XLR 250 light... But remember what your going to use the light for... Might be better to have the XLR 250 $119.99 for shooting on the rifle and the XLR100 light $99.99for scanning or shotgunning.. To much light for shotgunning can hurt you more then it can help...

Ya, know there are some good things about having the 250 though. I have seen some critters run off when you stitch from one light to a brighter light or go to a white light from a red light. Although I am not sure it the difference between the 100 and the 250 is enough difference to make any difference on spooking critters. Also if you are shinning for another shooter that does not have a good light the 250 is pretty nice to have as a back up light.

I am not sure there is enough difference to make a difference on spooking critters between the 250 and the 100. They both are pretty bright compared what some people think will spook critters and ya know my thoughts on lights is different then most. I like to see the best I can. I think school is not out on the use of any type of lights yet and may not be out for a long time.
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »
Ditto with what ben said.

Like I said, they are shipped with either one of the remote switches,
out of the 3 I have, 2 are the momentary remotes, and one is an on/off remote

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 09:59:23 AM »
I thought you said they were shipped with both types of switchs.  my mistake. 

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 10:16:04 AM »
I'm talking remote switches,
and its one or the other

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 11:30:24 AM »
yeah that is what I thought.  I thought you said that you got both types of remote switchs and the tail cap switch as well with each of your lights.  I misread it though that you got the two different types between getting three lights. 

Offline Lookn4Fur

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 01:27:39 PM »
You didn't misread it.  he just didn't explain himself properly. ;D ;D
"Predators are either active & feeding, semi-active & callable, or utterly inactive & then practically speaking, no call is needed; we're just taking our guns for a walk. We can & should get used to it, & follow their leed cuz they just ain't eager nor apt to follow our’s any time soon!

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 02:57:09 PM »
wah!

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 03:57:45 PM »
Greetings,
I have both the 100 and 250.  I received the press and hold to light switch with the 250 and the click it on, click its off with the 100.  I did not receive both switchs with the 100 or the 250.  Might want to check with Boondock for clarification prior to ordering.
Cheers,
Bill

uncle buck

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 05:14:37 PM »
OK...With the 250 light...I got the push button on the back and also the pressure switch...
So you saying that when you use the pressure switch it cause the light to remain on or do you still have to exert pressure..Now if your shooting from your EW rest you sure don't need to be exerting pressure on your gun to light up the kill light..Here you need to activate the light with the back button..

Now if your buying the 100 light and not getting both the back button switch and the pressure switch then it might be better to buy the 250 kit  set up.

Offline war_nrg

• PPHA Members
  • Junior Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 06:16:45 PM »
Uncle Buck,
You get the tail cap button switch with both lights but I received 1 remote switch with each light.  With the 250 I got the pressure switch that requires you to maintain pressure on the switch to keep the light lit.  With the 100 I received a remote click on/click off pressure switch, you click it on it stays on until you click it off.
Cheers,
Bill