Author Topic: Kill Light Users  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
Kill Light Users
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:24:50 PM »
 I am looking at the XLR 250 and was wondering do you guys think that light would be to bright for yotes. I talked to a guy that told me that the light would light up the animal at 250 yards. I use a Light force for years and wanted to get your opinion on the light and how long can a battery last for? I am thinking of getting the hand held light for when I go by myself. Or am I better to get  2 kill lights one for scanning and 1 to mount on my gun? I never had a light mounted to my gun before due to predators holding up at different ranges. What are your opinions and how do u like the light?

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Kill Light Users
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 08:40:05 AM »
I think the 250,in white, is too bright for coyotes, but the red is fine.(spooked one at 200yds)
I however, do not like a barrel mounted light,but that is the best way to cover different yardage.
My .223 compact had barrel harmonic issues so I mounted the 250 back on the scope, you could twist the light down closer to the bore of the rifle though, for a bigger yardage window.

I like having the 100 to scan(head mounted) and the 250 on a rifle, and I have a third 100 for the shotgun 

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 07:41:04 PM »
Paperwork references that the Red XLR250 can last up to 1 1/2 hour if left on.. Now remember this is a shooting light so I only turn it on when I'm ready to shoot... However it does come with two batteries so if you left it on and used the 2ND battery you get 3 hours of constant light with the two batteries...If you buy two more batteries you can get another 3 hours of constant light... It did say that the other colors, other then red will last longer then 1 1/2 hours.  So the Red XLR250 based on paperwork provided with light will only last 1 1/2 hours if left on constant..

Offline Brushwolf

• PPHA officers.
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:54:39 PM »
Well I got the 250 kill light and it is a very nice light. Put It on my fireball with a halo shield from boondocks. You really cannot tell that the light is on the gun. The thing that I was concerned about would I be able to see through my scope at different yardages. Well I can see a full scope point blank range to at least 250 yards. I got the handheld light and was going to use it for a scanning light and a shooting light when I go by myself but changed my mind. Never had a light mounted to my scope before so I will see how this will work out.

My plan was to hold the light and scan with. When I see eyes I would bring the gun up and hold the light along side my scope and shoot. Well after thinking about how long I stay on a stand and how bright the light is I changed my mind. If I am going to be hunting with a partner I will still take the light force.

Then I started to do some thinking. Why not make a handheld kill light that will do two jobs. Scan and a shooting light like the light force. I really like my light force light but not when I go solo. You can do some stands with one battery and  not have a worry about  spooking a coyote with the light.

So I called Elusive Wildlife Tech And told them if they could make a handheld 250 that has a rheostat built right on the light. The man said why would you want that and I told him

1. You could double your life on a battery
2. No wires at all. Less problems and tangle free
3. Not a fear of spooking a predator with a bright light
4. You have a light force light that would fit in your pocket.

I got a email today saying to call back it a month. They are going to try some things.

I just wanted to share with you guys If you have a better way to make the light to fit your need it would not hurt to call and tell them about it. Really nice people to do business with.

uncle buck

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 05:20:26 PM »
Brushwolf if your communications got them to put a rheostat type switch on the Kill lights that would be awesome..

Did you all notice on the web site that the Kill lights (green)  that you buy to place at the feeders...They come with an optional remote light switch that works 150 yards away...Just think...You could set your caller out there with the green feeding Kill Light...The predators will come to the speaker...You could light up the area around the caller with the 150 yard remote just when you want to shoot..Now remember I am not talking the XLR 100 or the XLR250 lights here.. Take a look at their web site and look at the green lights that look like a flying saucer..That the feed lights I'm speaker about.. You could set that up on an elevated pole near the caller and you could make the kill area illuminate in green for your shot 150 yards away.

Offline ultramag

• Junior Forum Member
    • NEW YORK PREDATORHUNTERS ASSOC.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 05:54:02 AM »
Brushwolf if your communications got them to put a rheostat type switch on the Kill lights that would be awesome..

You can buy a UniqueFire HS-802 they come in two or five mode and swap parts with the kill light,they are the same light.