Author Topic: Anyone have one of these???  (Read 1755 times)

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
    • Traditional Muzzleloading Association
Anyone have one of these???
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:07:05 PM »
>>>------Brian------>

''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

District 6

uncle buck

Re: Anyone have one of these???
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 12:37:09 AM »

I notice that it's a Primos so I can not give you any two cents on this small predator caller.  I do have a Primos Powerdogg and I love that call.  I have called in quite a few coyotes with it.  Keep watching...Gander Mtn sale them for $99.00 at times...I think Cabelas have them for $149.00. That is a bit much for me to pay for a Powerdogg even if it does call in coyotes... The Foxpro Spitfire is $199.00.  If you buy direct from Foxpro at Lewistown you will get a 10% discount for being a PPHA member.. 

I had one the Lohman...I gave it to a new predator hunter I am training.  It can call in predators. It's remote does not work real far away...Mine had a 50 feet recommended distance on it.. The sounds were OK. Sadly I just never cared for the Lohman sounds on cassette, CD, or on the unit I had..
However the Johnny Stewart Predator Attractor 1 & 2 are far better. Cost is about $39.00. If you hang it in a bush the remote will work about 50 yards away... What I like about the JS Attractors is that the sounds are quality Johnny Stewart sounds.. Love the Rodent distress on the Attractor 1. You also get more sounds...I think you get 5 sounds per attractors... If I am not mistaken one is the Gray Fox Pup too..That's a good sound of course for coyotes and gray fox.. the Attractor 2 has the capability to call in coyotes since it has a lone Howl on it.. The sound is not like the high priced callers.. However you really don't need loud sounds to call in predators.. Now if it was windy then that's when you would need the louder sounds..
The JS Predator Attractors 1 or 2 are good as a diversion caller too. Just say your using a mouth call...You see a fox or coyote coming to your mouth calling ..Now they will hone in on your position with the mouth call... However if you have the Attractor hanging in a bush cross wind of your position you can activate it and the predator would go toward the Attractor..  I do use both of these callers...When I do not want to carry in a lot of bulky calling machines or when I go out of town should my other predator caller break..
There might be someone on here that might want to sale you the Attractor 1 or 2 at a reduced price. Some callers if they get a new caller will want to get rid of any others that they may have...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 12:46:18 AM by uncle buck »