Author Topic: Nitelite ?????  (Read 8574 times)

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
    • Traditional Muzzleloading Association
Nitelite ?????
« on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »
Anyone have this light? How do you like it?

http://www.huntsmart.com/Tracker-Light-Package-Camo

>>>------Brian------>

''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

District 6

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
Re: Nitelite ?????
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 09:06:16 PM »
i have the wizzard II which is about the same light and it is a great light for scanning and shooting a shotgun out to about 50 yards at night. 

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »
That sounds perfect! 90% of my hunting will be with a shotgun anyways.

Do you have any issues with the bulbs burning up to quickly?
>>>------Brian------>

- John Wayne

District 6

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 01:06:55 AM »
That's a good light for the price... It has it's pro and cons. The good thing it's cheap and does the job.. The only bad thing is that you can not disconnect the light wire from your battery.  

Make sure you order the HEAD red pop cover and the yellow pop cover too.

Yes it's always good to order a couple bulbs for your lights. When I order a light I like to call so I can talk to a customer service rep who will fix you up with the correct pop covers and the bulbs...

By the way this one would be better:   http://www.huntsmart.com/-6-
It's cheaper and it has a Rheostat on the Head light that you can dim it or increase the intensity of the light.. The one you referenced I don't think it has the Rheostat on it. Also remember you will be hunting at night. You don't need the Cami, the black will suffice... 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:12:17 AM by uncle buck »

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 06:18:17 AM »
on the new wizzard you cannot disconnet either.  the retro is something that i never use.  i keep the light on high the whole time.   I have had my light for 4 years and it used 1 bulb and that is when i first got the light.  when you order just a half dozen extra bulbs. 

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 07:25:05 AM »
Uncle buck, what light are you refering to in your link. I can't open the link at work >:(

I can access the Blose Hollow site though

Thanks
>>>------Brian------>

- John Wayne

District 6

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »
the bulbs are pretty cheap.  and they normally last a good while.  I just change mine out every season and haven't had one burn out while using it yet.  I have a wizard 2 which is close to this light.  as said above only difference is there is no rheostat to dim it down.  
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline scott

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 07:38:48 AM »
I order my stuff from blose hollow trading post, spoke with Randy there a bunch as other have, he is very knowledgable on the lights he sells.  last time i spoke with him he was getting in replacement batteries for the wizzard which were about 20 bucks.  on thing he did tell me about the wizzard, i wanted to order some more expensive bulbs to make the light brighter but he said it wasn't worth it because the retro on the light would not allow the bulb to get any brighter that the cheaper bulbs were just as good.  i have been using the wizzard scope light on a broom handle and it seems alittle bit brighter than the headlamp, so the one without the retro might be a brighter light. 

Offline predator77

• PPHA Forum GURU
  • Ian
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 07:58:43 AM »

I have the sport II with the rheo head. I went through alot of bulbs and even sent it back twice. They told me (which isn't in the directions) that I am not supposed to have the light of when I turn it on. For my light they want me to have my rheo knob turned down for 5 sec, then slowly turn it up. They also want me to use the K12 bulb. You and I basically have the same light except the rheostat knob so I'm thinking that since your light is always started on full blast, this will continue. But I could be wrong.
FayetteNam

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 11:07:48 AM »
Melsdad, I have a Nitelite "Hotlite 5100" like brand new. It has a new bulb for hunting this year. Great lite. I won't be using it this year so I'm thinking about selling it. I think the lite is $135.00 new plus shipping. I also have the red cover for it. If you're interested, I'll take $85.00 for it.
President PPHA

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 11:22:33 AM »

I have the sport II with the rheo head. I went through alot of bulbs and even sent it back twice. They told me (which isn't in the directions) that I am not supposed to have the light of when I turn it on. For my light they want me to have my rheo knob turned down for 5 sec, then slowly turn it up. They also want me to use the K12 bulb. You and I basically have the same light except the rheostat knob so I'm thinking that since your light is always started on full blast, this will continue. But I could be wrong.

that's interesting ian.  when I use mine I always used the rheostat anyhow.  I don't think mine has seen the on/off button used much except at the end of the season.  maybe that is why mine doesn't blow bulbs like I have heard others state. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 11:36:57 AM »
Melsdad, I have a Nitelite "Hotlite 5100" like brand new. It has a new bulb for hunting this year. Great lite. I won't be using it this year so I'm thinking about selling it. I think the lite is $135.00 new plus shipping. I also have the red cover for it. If you're interested, I'll take $85.00 for it.

I may be interested in this light. Does it have a reostat? Is it a ball cap, or a helmet style? Is it 6 volt?

Sorry I can't access the nitelite site from work, or I would look it up.

>>>------Brian------>

- John Wayne

District 6

uncle buck

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 11:37:19 AM »
Uncle buck, what light are you refering to in your link. I can't open the link at work >:(

Thanks

Let see if this link works:

http://www.huntsmart.com/Nite-Lite-Rechargeable-Nite-Sport-II-6-Volt-Hunting-Light

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 11:50:28 AM »

Thanks

Let see if this link works:

http://www.huntsmart.com/Nite-Lite-Rechargeable-Nite-Sport-II-6-Volt-Hunting-Light

Sorry, can't open that one either. It is our system at work that blocks out certain websites. Can you give me some details about the light?
>>>------Brian------>

- John Wayne

District 6

uncle buck

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »
Same set up as the tracker 11 but in black.. However like I said it has a Rheostat.. Just say your hunting near full moon. You don't need much high intensity red then.. you turn down the power and save battery life with the Rheostat.   It's the same Head light.. It comes with a 6 volt battery and a battery charger and a black soft cap...Like the other one you were going to buy.  Hunting with the rheostat turned all the way you can hunt for 6 hours.  Again another reason to have a Rheostat on a light.
By the way....Never ever throw away the outside of any Nitelite battery once you have to replace it.  Battery Warehouse and Battery Plus sale the battery that just fits inside the shell of all Nitelite batteries..
  Kind of wish I knew someone who had the old old old Wizard 11 outside shell of the battery.. I just keep changing the battery out like I referenced above on mine.  However years back I disposed of two Wizard 11 battery shells and then later I found out I could just get the insides at the Pa battery places I referenced..
I know your trying to save money.. However please consider in buying one of the Nitelite battery belts.. Leather or Nylon.. Make sure you get it bigger to also fit over the winter clothing.  Let see I have a catalog right here..The Nylon Coon Hunters belt  # NLN2 $18.99 would work great. Again make sure you get one that fits over winter clothing...
I even use the one that comes with suspenders.. I usually carry two batteries with me.. One on each side of me and this help support the additional weight..   

I know your trying