Author Topic: Keep this in mind when hunting coyotes at night  (Read 4565 times)

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
Keep this in mind when hunting coyotes at night
« on: October 25, 2010, 09:43:47 PM »
Coyotes will attack and due kill people. Carry a knife at your side. Muttbuster and I heard a coyote howl so close it was scary. The dog howled three times. Made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Think about this it's pitch black and a 50lb wild dog with big teeth close by. Maybe more than one coyote.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 09:51:11 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline melsdad

• Junior Forum Member
    • Traditional Muzzleloading Association
Re: Keep this in mind when hunting coyotes at night
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:13:35 AM »
Sounds like your trying to scare people away so you have more yotes to hunt yourself ;D ;D ;D
>>>------Brian------>

''Life's tough ... it's even tougher if you're stupid.''

- John Wayne

District 6

uncle buck

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:23:56 PM »
I remember a coworker telling me that he was hunting deer (archery) in Lycoming County...He told me coyotes actually were near his tree stand growling at him and such for a long period of time...He was scared that on the way out he would be attacked.

Dennis Kirk also high lights in one of his books.  That coyotes followed him out of the woods one time.  Growling at him all the way out but would not show themselves....If I remember right they were walking along a farm stone wall just on the other side of him as he walked out of the woods...

Remember.....coyotes are canines like domestic dogs... Some dogs are smarter then other dogs... Some are more aggressive then other dogs too. Also coyotes are mammals just like you and me... There are some real mean ____________mammals out there that would fight just to prove a point...This be the kind of mammals that probably have a chemical unbalance or something like that..(NUTS)

I not only have a tactical knife on my person... One that folds and can flip open with a flick of the thumb.. I also carry a small container of mace too.  Do this more for wild domestic farm dogs.....You might need something after your third shotgun shell is exhausted if a pack comes at you...

I did have one coon that came at me one time...That's another story that I probably told on here once..
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:29:43 PM by uncle buck »

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
Will a Swiss Army knife work Uncle Buck? It has everything you need to have in the woods. Spoon, fork, scissors, tweezers, screwdriver, cork screw, saws all, scribe, plumb bob, salt and pepper shakers and a couple knife blades. I may have missed something, maybe it was the spatula.
President PPHA

Offline foxpro51

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:43:51 PM »
Mutt just throw your oxygen tank at them. As long as I can out run you I'm in good shape. Lol
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:49:44 PM by foxpro51 »

Offline stickbow

• Junior Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »
Well doubt you want to hunt with Brian. Go to the Dog Talker site and listen to the demo fight he does it exact and we have had coyotes to close to get on them in a blink. Can not remember his friend who was also a member here but i recall him telling me he had a big coyote about 10 feet away and he had a big hound type bawl and the guy quit hunting with him. I have shot 2 in the head he has called within 15 yards and growling. It is the ones closer to towns that seem to be not so afraid.