Author Topic: falltime fishing?  (Read 8142 times)

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
falltime fishing?
« on: October 12, 2010, 08:21:38 AM »
anyone been hitting the waters lately? 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

uncle buck

Re: falltime fishing?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 10:52:01 AM »
Just got back from the OBX..  Fishing was bad due to all the storms and rain.. Fished fresh and saltawter while there.... Fishing just started to recover when it was time to leave...Always like that for surf and or even pier fishing.. Hurricanes in the Atlantic and heavy rains just churn everything up and make fishing bad...

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:59:47 AM »
i haven't been out cuz i'm trying to finish the roof with the ol man and get in the archery woods as much as possible, and i've never really fished the river in the fall but it is known the big fish hit in the fall gettin ready for thier winter "slowdown" where they conserve every bit of energy
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

uncle buck

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 07:18:24 PM »
I remember duck and goose hunting near Duncannon in a boat... Other hunter with me brought a fishing pole with a Little Joey Spinner on it... He had it just hanging over the side as we moved to duck hunting areas A to B.. We were catching smallmouths one after another just with that little spinner in the water...Smallmouth bass fishing in the Fall in the Susquehanna River is when they get the big ones...

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 08:51:16 AM »
I caught 30 gills the other night for bait for this weekend.  I plan on hitting the river sunday morning for some falltime catfish.  hopefully we do good. 
“If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not”. Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. “Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.”

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 07:23:31 PM »
well we did good.  I went fishing with another fella I met and we caught about 24 fish today.  biggest was 17lb 7oz.  I ended up with my personal best of 14lb 6oz.  I only caught one fish under 10lbs today and caught about 12 or so. 

Offline Buckwheat

• PPHA Forum GURU
    • http://EWCALLS.com
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 09:52:14 PM »
Bigben
That is great, did you take any pictures?
For a brief moment I could hear nature through all the noise.

2008 PPHA State Predator Calling Champion
 Tri-X-Stand Rifle
Rests http://www.ewcalls.com/
Stand in the open, We will make you shine!

uncle buck

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 12:11:15 AM »
Ben I hope you entered them in the Patriot News Harrisburg Hunters and Anglers fishing contest if they qualify... Sounds like some might.  Check the fish contest in the SundayPatriot News for entries so far.. I think you can also view the entries on the web if you do a search of to days sports page????

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 07:14:47 AM »
I got a bunch of pics on my phone but it is dead.  every single one is swimming in the susky again so no entering any contests. 

Offline Leglifter

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 07:35:49 AM »
So thats why you didn't answer my text

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 08:30:10 AM »
the two biggest

Offline muttbuster

• PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »
Nice fish Ben, good job. Sounds like you guys had a lot of action.
President PPHA

Offline Critterslayer51

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
    • Middletown Anglers and Hunters Association
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 11:30:39 AM »
The fall smallie fishin should be great too with the fish gettin as much calories into them before the winter hits...you see this big time on lakes when the warm water turns over and the whole late goes to the same temp and the disolved O2 levels stay the same throughout...if I would just stay home on a weekend I might be able to get out...where were u puttin in the river there ben?
District 2 ...Dauphin County...~PA Fish and Boat Commission, Huntsdale State Fish Hatchery~ Trappers District 11
              "CritterDone"

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 05:01:36 PM »
heres some more

Offline bigben

• PPHA Members
  • PPHA Forum GURU
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 05:02:05 PM »
more...